Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: New laws force police to sell sezied guns

New laws force police to sell sezied guns

Found this article interesting.
    Since 2009, at least 11 states have passed laws that either encourage or require police departments to sell seized or recovered guns — with some banning police from destroying guns altogether, according to an exclusive CNNMoney analysis of state laws.
    Go here to read the whole article.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37037386&nid...s_cid=queue-11

Boolit Buddy
    all the local departments used to sell them. then they decided to "get the guns off the street" and destroy everything.

government at its finest, take something of value and spend money to destroy it!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    In Chiraq they buy back and confiscate guns then put them on display in the papers internet and on TV proudly boasting they are off the street and out of the hands of criminals and off to be melted down.

Some of these firearms were found in grandparents attics after their passing and the idiots are afraid of all firearms (thanks to the media etc)so they just drop the firearms off at the local police office.

Breaks my heart every time I see something that should be in a collection or at least auctioned off.

In a city that is BILLIONS in debt you would hope they would be smart enough to give valuable items a new life and raise money in an attempt to pay off some of their outstanding bills but that is never going to happen in the most stupid and firearms hating city in our country.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy
    Had a friend that worked for the post office as maintenance, he would tell me horror stories of having to take a chop saw to the guns they confiscated. But also had I say had a friend that was a postal inspector that also had his ffl. Then the guns sorta got side tracked. He got 4 years in federal lock up, also got a broke jaw while in the pen. Tried to implicate every body to get out of trouble even blamed his wife for selling. I found out that there really are nice folks on a federal grand jury in saracruse. After he went to the pokie the guns started to get cut up again.