RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have they no pride

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Have they no pride

Is It the younger generations or what is it?
    The whole world wants everything free. Have they no pride.

Lets see

Free collage for all

5 year old died,(which is tragic) I don’t have insurance please send donations.
    When my children were born 1st thing I did was get life Insurance.

I just became disable need a ramp built, please help and have no money. Later in other posts Looking for lead to shoot and brass boy these Cuban cigars are good anyone like Cuban cigars.

I got hit by a mentor last night. I am going to have to start a Go fund me fund, money is tight . Later in other posts Looking for 45-70 rifle and a 357 mag revolver........... boy this rib roast is fantastic

People come to join the church....... and the 1st thing they ask for is food, before the meeting is over

And it is right here in the good USA

These are just examples if it resembles a real person it is just a coincidence.
    Last edited by DCP; 10-20-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Love Life
    It most certainly is not just the younger generations. It is a social shift on what is acceptable, and what is now normal. Being an adult, being self sufficient, holding ones self accountable are all for suckers these days.

I see much of the same as what you are talking about.

Boolit Master

Surprisingly, I recently realized I'm not of the current generation as I now have adult children but I will tell you I taught them that being independent and able to take care of yourself and others you care for are the hallmark of being an adult. I've sold off entire gun collections in the past to cover my expenses. I've worked double shifts and at times two jobs to ensure the paycheck covered my bills.
    Thankfully, I hope those life lessons have been passed on to my sons. Only time will tell for all of us but I'm hoping the examples above are just the odd occurrence...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

In Remembrance
    LL hits it close to home. Young or old they act as though somehow.... they are deserving of what they desire. I've had people come into my home and almost demand the password so they can play on the internet on there device, fat chance of that happening.

When folks can't get what they want out of you they can get rather hostile about it.

Folks want the Mrs. and I to make things for them, but we offer to teach them so they can do it on there own, yeah right, like that'll happen.

All the while we do without things like spending money which we don't have. But they can go out and do all kinds of things, buy new cars etc and yet they want us to feel sorry for them?

I can sure go on a rant real quick on this subject.

The population seems more geared on "GIMME" than either working hard for something or learning how to do things for themselves.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Love Life
    Troof right there^^^! Try to teach a man to fish today, and you are labeled as a meany.

I believe it just may be that people no longer feel ashamed.

Boolit Master
    I tend to think that all the grabbers and give me types are calling attention to themselves otherwise how would they get the handouts (sort of like the panhandler on the corner). The more independent or self reliant types do not get much attention because they don't need it and all the attention would just put them on the radar of the grabbers or give me types.

I still think there are as many independent and self reliant types as there are grabbers and give me types. I don't think this is much worse than in the past, I think it does get worse when the Economy is bad as there is less shame in begging when a lot of people are suffering. Of course there are always shameless people.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

In Remembrance
    The only reason you see more in the younger generation is more gimmees are raised every year. I am pushing 60 and there are plenty of gimmes older than I am.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

I still think there are as many independent and self reliant types as there are grabbers and give me types. I don't think this is much worse than in the past, I think it does get worse when the Economy is bad as there is less shame in begging when a lot of people are suffering. Of course there are always shameless people.

Tim
    We have them come by the church all the time wanting money, we do not give out money or ore-paid visa's we do give them food for a day. We have been called servants of the devil and worse. If they can't find a job in Amarillo it is because they haven't tried every business almost has a "we are hiring" sign up.
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy

Just in the last fifty years I've seen the apparent majority opinion go from shame if you had to accept a handout, to living on charity being a normal occupation. I agree with DCP and Love Life, there doesn't seem to be a lot of pride in self reliance amongst the masses. It's not hard to tell, either. It doesn't take but a few words to tell if a person has a sense of honor and integrity or not. As dtknowles says "The more independent or self reliant types do not get much attention because they don't need it". I'm just glad that there IS a remnant honorable people left. The chaff will be blown away.
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

In Remembrance
    I had a shop on I 40 for years, the local churches would send folks that were passing through asking for gas money or grocery money or motel money, heck even beer money. There was usually several weekly.
    I always had things to do that I didn't have time for, I never turned anyone down that even remorely looked worthy, but offered them a tank of gas or whatever in turn for a few hours work, in 9 years, I never had to buy the first tank of gas, but was called names I had never heard of. lol
    It is amazing how many people travel across this country every day, even with young kids in tow, that have no money at all, bumming their way through life.
    When I was a kid we read about hobos, saw hobos on tv, heck they were glamorized by hollywood now that I look back on it, most kids at some point of their life had a hobo stick with a bag on the end of it throwed on their pretending to run away at some point.
    In the 70's as a young man I went to work for a contractor primarily for the railroad, I was shocked to learn that hobos were not a thing of the past, probably more now than there ever was, riding the rails bumming from town to town.

Boolit Buddy
    LL strikes again. You are correct, sir. There seems to be "no shame" left. Also the gimme covers all ages not just the young.

Boolit Master

And the "go fund me" ****. My wife has a friend that will do go fund me for vacation money or to buy a new outfit! And people donate! And why bother spending money on such silliness as home insurance, if anything happens it is declared a disaster and someone will help you out!
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Grand Master
    We have a big homeless problem here.
    Maybe you've seen it on the news.
    Majority of the are transplants. Want everything for free.
    Stupid state gives them money and food stamps.
    Others see it and join in.
    Asked a lady once if she felt bad about being on welfare. She told me "It's free money for doing nothing. You stupid if you work"
    Maybe she's right.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    When Colorado legalize pot. They then had a homeless problem. Da I could see that coming .

Then the fast food people want 15.00 an hour.

Look like the Democratic s are the party of the moocher. They have there hands out for all the free stuff

When there is was enough dems we elected the O.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    If truth be told, not all are lazy or looking for a handout. I am not defending, but there are exceptions.
    My wife and I are doing alright, and stay plenty busy, but we may be luckier than others.

Just saying...

Boolit Master

The entitlement mentality is being taught to kids every day. Everybody gets a trophy for every activity, everybody is special. We may all be special but we just ain't all equal in every aspect . I know this started with Roosevelt, but Johnson's Great Society accelerated us to where we are today. IMHO we've gone from a Nation of Riflemen to a Nation of Sheep to a Nation of Leeches.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I view it as our new "social curse". Yes . . . there are those that do need help. But they are actually in a minority compared to the "I'm entitled" people. This "go fund" #$%^##$ just drives me crazy. Get off your #$##% and earn it. I'm a firm believer that if a person wants to work, they will find work. This having to pay high dollars to a person "just because" when they have no training or experience is ridiculous. But it goes back even further . . my wife taught school for over 30 years. There used to be discipline. The kids had to work to achieve. Then "no child left behind" came in. Everyone was supposed to be equal. Well sorry folks, everyone is different - we all have different appituds, skills, IQs, etc. But no . . every one has to have a trophy for playing ball or whatever. Ad then . . . the "I didn't do it" generation arrived. Even when caught in school doing something wrong . . and witnessed . . . it was "I didn't do it". And the worst part is that most parents viewed the teacher as being wrong, not their kid.

I think most of the posts here kind of hit the nail on the head. And it's all age levels . . .not just the younger ones. And unfortunately . . this country now pretty much runs that way. I was brought up to work and work hard. If you didn't have the money, you didn't buy it and you didn't need it. We were taught to save for a rainy day and retirement . . . notice the last eight years you don't hear much about urging people to "save". We were taught if you were going to do a job, do it right. Be to work on time and give 110%.

We live in a time where there is a feeling of "entitlement" . . .and we all see it everyday. "The government will take care of you". Well, I can see where the politicians come up with that because they certainly feather their nests and obviously don't have to live by the laws that they create. How many Congressman are on Obama Care . . oh, wait a minute . . they ae not required to be under the same rules . . they have lifelong pensions and health care . . paid for by us. As someone pointed out a long time ago . . history repeats itself. Take a look at the Native American Reservations . . and this is not a "knock" on anybody. Their land was stolen by the government, they were lied to and cheated and the government told them that if they were "good" and move on to the Reservations, they would be taken care of by the government. Hmmm . . I have been on a number of Reservations and know a number of people who work on them . . . the only question I have is "how did that work out for you"?

I was brought up that having pride, being self reliant, hardworking, being honest and fair and truthful . . . were what made you a true man or woman . . . somewhere, we've lost those things and they aren't being taught. We have a break down in the family unit, religion and such things are dampened because of "political correctness" and many do not have the proper role models in the first place . . . in the end it's about respect for others . . . but most of all, respect for yourself.

You guys pretty much nailed it. Some people are trying to get by and could use a few bucks here and there, but it sure does seem like they are far outnumbered these days. I have sibling that acts this way and it really irks me, I confronted her about it and boy am I the bad guy. We were brought up in the same house by the same parents with the same rules, but we sure don't see things the same way.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Master
    I average getting a helper out here on the farm maybe once a month or so. Its the 16 year old or so high school boys because the older ones WILL NOT WORK AT ANY WAGE LEVEL. $ 10.00 a hour - CASH, no check off.. Most only come one time. A rare one will work 2 or 3 times with less hours of course. Then that's it. No more. I have learned to work them very easily no matter the job. I generally have Ms. M bosses as she can get them to do more as she a woman of my age. There not embarrassed either.

Moderator Emeritus

Hey my rib roast was $2.85/lb this year! Helps to buy 1/4 beef every year! Only thing I buy extra of are chuck roasts, I got 3 with the meat and will go through 6 or 7 a year...

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Is It the younger generations or what is it?
    The whole world wants everything free. Have they no pride.

Lets see

Free collage for all

5 year old died,(which is tragic) I don’t have insurance please send donations.
    When my children were born 1st thing I did was get life Insurance.

I just became disable need a ramp built, please help and have no money. Later in other posts Looking for lead to shoot and brass boy these Cuban cigars are good anyone like Cuban cigars.

I got hit by a mentor last night. I am going to have to start a Go fund me fund, money is tight . Later in other posts Looking for 45-70 rifle and a 357 mag revolver........... boy this rib roast is fantastic

People come to join the church....... and the 1st thing they ask for is food, before the meeting is over

And it is right here in the good USA

These are just examples if it resembles a real person it is just a coincidence.