MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
PBcastco Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oneokie - Nolan Grubbs has passed

Boolit Master

The pack is weaker without him, but better because we had his wisdom and kind heart. Prayers for his loved ones.

Boolit Master
    Nolan always treated me well, and was more than happy to share his wisdom with me. I will miss him on this site. He was a genuinely good guy.

Boolit Master
    RIP. The couple of dealings I had with oneokie were pleasant and helpful. His input will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Boolit Grand Master

Another good man gone too soon.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

This is probably one of the hardest posts I've had to write in a long while.

Next month, it would have been 5 years that I first met Nolan in person. I had been on a trip to Texas and would be coming back through his town. Although only 62 miles away from where I am currently seated, I seldom found myself up Nolans way.

There was a small cafe there in his town that stayed open late and would be perfect for me to catch dinner at. We made arrangements to meet several days beforehand and stayed in touch. Neither of us had ever seen a photo of the other and I described myself so he would see me when I came in.

I arrived at our prearranged time and walked into the cafe. There wasn't a good handful of folks in the place. Then, to my left I noticed a fella get up and make his way toward me. Once he reached me, he stuck out his hand and called me by name. We shook hands and went back to the table he had chosen.

It was good to finally put a face to the name oneokie. We had spoken many times in chat and I always enjoyed our talks. Be it in private, or open chat having fun and joking. Over the next few years I had occasion to meet up with Nolan on other things, and our last meeting was at Moosemans moving party. The same as he gave freely of himself here on Castboolits, he gave in real life as well.

I will always remember Nolan for his intelligence and sense of humor. For those who hung out in chat, while not a stickler about it Nolan could have probably written a college paper on proper grammer and English and gotten an A+. Yet, had one met him in person in his every day life they may have just taken him for some old farm hand. Far from it my friends, far from it.

I'm certain the small community Nolan was from will dearly miss him even more than those of us who only knew him here on the site.

Nolan Grubbs, rest in peace my friend. I have no doubt you're in the arms of the Lord my friend. My prayers are with your family and the friends left behind. I will always remember you with a smile and should I ever hear your name, I will always proudly say..."We was friends!".

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    Well said and insightful Murphy, thank you. Thank you oneokie for giving your time and wisdom to us here. I look forward to meeting you someday!
    John Wayne
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

Indeed unexpected, at a loss for words as well. Prayers for the family
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Nolan was a master gardener. I enjoyed talking to him in chat about my garden.
    He always had a solution to my problems. It seems his biggest gardening issue was grasshoppers.
    I once mentioned that it was not a warm enough climate here to grow okra.
    I wasn`t too surprised when a MFR box of okra shows up on my doorstep from Nolan. I had not asked for it.
    Nolan bought some junkyard bullets from me a couple of times so to try to pay him , I sent a SFR box of them to him.
    Not to be outdone he sends me a LFR box of okra.
    I never met him in person , but considered him a long distant friend.
    He will be missed....dale

Moderator Emeritus

So long Nolan, RIP friend.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Nolan was a good man, and he was always helpful to me. I enjoyed chatting with him in the chat room. He will be sorely missed, as will his knowledge. I'm praying for his family in this time of need and loss.

God Bless

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Does anyone have any idea about what happened to suddenly cause his death?

Now I will never get a chance to find out just where he had his T P pegged on the nations camp grounds.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Moderator Emeritus

Thoughts and prayers to Nolan's family. Enjoy your rest and your garden in the sky.

Boolit Bub
    Nolan= good people what more can be said. I will miss him.
    Phil

Frosted Boolits

RIP Nokie. You will be missed dearly!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master
    Rest in Peace,

Boolit Buddy

Our family prayers are with you.

Boolit Bub
    R.I.P Brother...

Boolit Master
    Sorry to read this so late. My prayers sent to all his family. May he rest in peace in the hands of our lord.

Mike

Boolit Grand Master

I am saddened to read this one. May his family know peace through these days.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Apparently i missed the notice of nolans death. I had wondered why his postings had stopped but thought life just got in the way. Well, now i know why and i also know he will be missed greatly here. I havent been here but a short while but enjoyed his postings a lot. He will be missed. Gods speed buddy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast