Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MiHec Poor customer service?

MiHec Poor customer service?

Well, I'm disappointed in MiHec. I ordered the .32 cal mold, and once I received it I shot him a question about heat cycling or how he suggested I break it in. I received no response. I went ahead and broke it in the way NOE suggests. Once I started casting with it I had problems with it sticking bullets, I made some adjustments to it and got it working. I posted this on the thread for the group buy and still did not receive any contact from him. I politely asked for his comments, and still did not receive any response. While it appears from everyone here that he makes great molds, I have to say the service is terrible in terms of answering any questions. I think I have bought my last mold from him.

Anyone else have these issues as well?
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

I've never had a problem with him responding... Perhaps if it was over the weekend he did not see it. Sometimes it takes a little bit for an answer. I do know there is a thread on the forums somewhere talking about how to clean and prepare the mold before first use, just have to search it

I gave him four days to respond the first time. I gave him four days to respond the second. He logged in, answered questions on other threads, answered other questions on the same thread and chose not to answer me.

On break-in; each maker seems to have a preferred way for their product. I try to stick to that method for that product since they are the manufacturer and I generally feel they have the most experience with it. Again, he chose not to answer.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

When Miha first started, he was able to answer questions rapidly. He has gotten busy since he got so popular and I am sure he does the best he can but I will say that he makes the best molds of all the mold makers and each one I get looks like a piece of art. He has treated me fairly and I will continue to use his products. He is fair and honest as they come. I'm sorry you feel left out and I would probably feel the same if it had happened to me. I really don't break molds in, I just cast with them and the only thing I can say is to be sure they are hot enough. That usually solves most problems.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Generally, I give a lot of leeway for companies when it comes to time. However, when he answered a question posted on the same thread it pretty much showed that he was ignoring the issue.

I own molds from most of the large vendors and many of the small ones. This was my first Miha, while it is not bad, it is not great. Not worth the extra it costs, but one lives and learns. I assumed from all the outstanding reviews that maybe I just got a bad egg (it happens to all of us from time to time) but with no customer service response I'm left to assume the worst.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy

At least he didn't short the count.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master

I have numerous MP molds. On one I had a problem with the pins (which Miha doesn't make himself). I ended up having to PM him about getting replacement pins. He shipped them to me quickly and I considered the customer service great.

I would not depend on replying to a post with a question and expect it to be answered. I would definitely PM any question directly. As I understand it, Miha doesn't spend a lot of time on the threads, and a PM is the best way to get in touch with him.

I have contacted him about whether he had a particular mold in stock. It took a day or few for a response, but again, he did reply to me regarding the mold sizes he had in stock.

As far as boolits sticking in the mold, I've really not had issues with that. Tight pins are a common occurrence when the mold is cold, but heating up the mold and cycling a few casts through usually has it running in tip-top shape.

Break in procedure for MP molds has been discussed on several occasions. I believe heat-cycling to casting temp and cooling down three times will generally give the brass a chance to oxidize so that tinning doesn't occur. Most of my molds have a little tinning on the sharp edges of the cavities around the grease groove locations. I typically don't worry about it to much.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but having contacted Miha on numerous occasions, I cannot complain about any bad customer service.

Brad

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    No big deal on "breaking in" a brass mold. Heat it until the lube (I use blue 2 cycle oil or the stuff he ships with his molds) smokes or around 450-500F and let it cool down. Do that 3x. You should then have a nice golden yellow mold, not a shiny brassy-looking mold. Oxides prevent tinning.

I have done it several times without any instructions ever needed! And it has been discussed on here quite a few times. Check out the search engine or Google.

And I have had excellent service from him....even waaaaay across the pond!

banger

Yes, I ended up following the NOE recommend procedure.

I originally sent him a PM, did not receive a response. I then commented in the original thread, no response, someone else had some of the same issues, no response to them either. Then a gent asked about where his mould was, a very quick response.

Seems my experience is rather out of normal, just bad luck on my end I suppose.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Banned
    I also have had a hard time getting a response, including PMs. But he does make nice molds.

I have received very good help from him on two occasions. Both involved him sending parts and pins at no cost on a used mold I bought.

Yes, communication could be improved, but I accept that for what he accomplishes.

the last round of talks was a bit slow and nerve racking, but it all worked out in the end with good patience. very pleasant to deal with.

i don't know his exact working situation half way around the world, but I know he is busy in the shop and makes molds for more than just this group. Plus his research and development into new molds.

Have patience, my last endeavor spanned a few weeks, but I am a very happy camper and was thinking if the latest 9mm group buy.

good stuff

Boolit Master
    I have received outstanding service from Miha. It may take a little time but he has responded to every PM.
    If it were me, I'd continue to PM every couple of days. I think his work burden may overwhelm his time occasionally, but I'm convinced that he does his best to service and satisfy his customers...at times going above and beyond what might be reasonably expected (I speak from first-hand experience there).
    I'd consider your experience an exception, rather than a normal interaction. Hopefully it will not keep you from considering moulds in the future from a very good vendor.

Boolit Grand Master

I understand wanting to know the manufacturer's recommendations for break in. But it's not rocket science. And it's discussed constantly on this forum as well as others. We all have little things we do differently but the basic procedure is the same.

Sorry to hear he didn't get back to you. I've had nothing but great service for him. One such occasion is when I bought a used mold from a member here and it didn't have plug pins. He got back to me w/in 24 hours and I had the pins in my hand a few days later. Even had a bunch of extra clips w/ it along w/ some spare posts.

One would assume that he would look at the thread, I know he has since he is actively posting and it looks like he is keeping up with it based on his logged activity. It appears that he is either ignoring the comments or disregarding them. I don't know. Again, I have to assume the worst based on my very short past experience. Maybe he will chime in when time allows...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-is-HERE/page5
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

The only question you posted in the forum was promptly answered, even though it wasn't from MiHec.

It's possible your pm didn't go through, or it was overlooked. I would just pose whatever question you have in the forum itself. I can't imagine it would not be responded to. If it's regarding break-in of the mold, there are several threads already pertaining to it within Castboolits, not to mention the advice given by BangerJim.

Obviously that part is done, I stated that in the thread.
    Here and there.

The current issue relates to the pins off center and the mold not dropping without some modification. Really, at this point I'd just like to hear his response. The mold works fine now (other than the pent pins, which I realize he does not make); my real complaint has been the customer service response. Again, from all the rest of you guys that deal with him on a regular basis, it seems my experience is a flyer.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Master
    I've found some fiddling with the positions of the pins as well as loosening both keeper screw pins about 1 whole turn will allow you to find the sweet spot where the pins fit nice and tight, squarely in the pin holes as well as sliding in/out as you cast and dump out boolits. Do not forget to very lightly lube the keeper screw pins so they can slide easily in the holes in the side of the mold blocks.

Once the pins have been moved around to find the holes they fit in the best, it will take a couple of casting sessions to fully get the pins seated for a nice, tight hollowpoint without any flashing rings.

You also have to pay attention to which side of the hollow point pins you're screwing the keeper pins into. One side is countersunk and one side is not. If you have the keeper pins screwed into the wrong side of the hollow point pin, it will not sit squarely in the mold.

Ive found when I pm Mihec, if I am not direct and shortly to the point, I do not get an answer. I just chalk that up to English not being his primary language. If I ask short, simple questions, I always get an answer from him. I have 14+ Mihec molds and I've got all to work perfectly with the above fiddling procedures.

Boolit Grand Master

Over the few years I've bought his molds, I've only had reason to message him twice. On both occasions he replied within a couple days with totally appropriate answers.
    I have 11 of his works of art, that all produce near perfect boolits. Every one makes piles of smiles.
    Just wish I were younger, to need more of his magic.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I had lost the small "snap washers" He send he replacements no charge

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter6br View Post
    I had lost the small "snap washers" He send he replacements no charge
    They are just metric e clips take a pin to same place and find the ones that fit. I think that they all grow legs and run off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast