Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MiHec Poor customer service?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    They are just metric e clips take a pin to same place and find the ones that fit. I think that they all grow legs and run off.
    They also pour through your fingers like water, never to be found, until after you buy more.
    Hunt them with a magnet, You'll be surprised what else you find.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Several of my e clips are floating in orbit in my shop! I have found that it is only necessary to use one e clip per hp pin instead of the normal two. This keeps less clips in orbit as I change pins!

The support I have rec'd from Miha is superb. I bought an MP-433-640L 4C brass and found that the sprue plate was warped. He promptly sent me another at no charge, and the finning problem on cavity one went away.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    Several of my e clips are floating in orbit in my shop! I have found that it is only necessary to use one e clip per hp pin instead of the normal two. This keeps less clips in orbit as I change pins!
    And install it on the upper post. This keeps them away from the mold handles which can knock one off when opening and closing them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Without knowing your mold design I can only say that if your boolit design has sharp
    angles such as a 44 cal Keith lube groove, they tend to stick.
    Could be your alloy but I doubt there is any serious issue with the mold itself
    you say you modified the mold,Ouch..Miha's mold's are top notch,or at least the 20 or so that I have had
    E-mails and posts are easy to overlook especially if your a busy mold maker.
    Miha has always had great service by me
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by reed1911 View Post
    Well, I'm disappointed in MiHec. I ordered the .32 cal mold, and once I received it I shot him a question about heat cycling or how he suggested I break it in. I received no response. I went ahead and broke it in the way NOE suggests. Once I started casting with it I had problems with it sticking bullets, I made some adjustments to it and got it working. I posted this on the thread for the group buy and still did not receive any contact from him. I politely asked for his comments, and still did not receive any response. While it appears from everyone here that he makes great molds, I have to say the service is terrible in terms of answering any questions. I think I have bought my last mold from him.

Anyone else have these issues as well?
    I bought 1 mold from him and did the exact same thing you did. After no response to 4 email's I sold it.
    No sense using something if he wont bother to explain how to use it.

Boolit Master
    Well, count me in as another MP mold admirer. It's true that Miha doesn't always answer his pm's, or perhaps is selective about it. However, his molds are truly a work of art, drop excellent bullets (at least the ones I have do), and easily outperform the LBT, Mountain Molds, Lyman, and NOE molds that I have. I also had to dink around with the pins a little to get them working right. That's the weak link, and it's no big deal, IMO. The way the mold makes and drops bullets is second to none once the potential pin issues get sorted out.

Boolit Grand Master

MiHec Poor customer service?

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    I bought 1 mold from him and did the exact same thing you did. After no response to 4 email's I sold it.
    So you need instructions on how to use a mold? I'm not trying to be confrontational. But I've never contacted a manufacturer asking how to use a mold. It's self explanatory. Heat up, pour molten lead into it, open and drop bullets from it. It really is that simple. Heat cycling before using starts the patina but isn't necessary. You can use a MP mold straight out of the box and it will work. They do tend to work better around the third time you use it. But there is nothing magic about a MP mold.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    So you need instructions on how to use a mold? I'm not trying to be confrontational. But I've never contacted a manufacturer asking how to use a mold. It's self explanatory. Heat up, pour molten lead into it, open and drop bullets from it. It really is that simple. Heat cycling before using starts the patina but isn't necessary. You can use a MP mold straight out of the box and it will work. They do tend to work better around the third time you use it. But there is nothing magic about a MP mold.
    I too wondered the same thing when I read that. Then I think of all the different kinds of hand tools etc. out their that are sold with no instructions and no one to call PM or email about it either. And then I also recall a video linked on his website as a good example of how to cast with his cramer molds and the threads here on CB that discuss initial prep and treatments that most use as well.

I now have too many MP molds to count as they are my favorite HP mold. While Miha isn't always the easiest to get a reply from on the first attempt I have found he steps up to take care of any issues that show up and at no charge. Quality is great and he will stand behind his product as well. I have found a reply to the payment request email to be the most reliable way to get a response.

If I have to go looking all over the place to learn to use any kinda tool it's gonna be gone very quickly

Boolit Master
    Sound's like another one blaming the tool.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Sound's like another one blaming the tool.
    Not at all. I emailed, got no response and promptly sold it and bought an NOE mold.
    If I had used it I probably would not have recovered my cost

Boolit Master
    As far as I know Miha is a small shop, maybe one man shop and English isn't his first language. As such, I don't expect customer service from a craftsman, I just expect a well made product (hopefully in a timely manner). I doubt all his molds are perfect, but of the four I own, all make great bullets. And just like every mold I own, and every mold I have owned, you have to figure out what combination of temperature and cadence yields good bullets.

I have had emails and pm's to him go unanswered but I don't hold that against him. I've had American gunsmiths that had worse communication skills and slower turn around times.

It is what it is, and I'm not aware of any other mold maker offering similar molds, at any price. Given the quality of his molds, they are an incredible deal.

Sent yet another PM politely asking about the pins and burrs. We'll see if I ever receive a response.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Bub
    Oh, yes, he is now going to take time away from his mould making to answer questions after you publicly denounced him. I have read all of the posts above and most think very highly of his work. He is likely a busy guy, give him a break. There are lots of instructions on the web on mould break-in and maintenance. If everyone wanted service like you are demanding, he would have to up his prices and lose customers because of it. It's a fine balance. We need to support craftsmen like this or we'll be buying Chinese.

Boolit Bub
    Not at all. I emailed, got no response and promptly sold it and bought an NOE mold.
    If I had used it I probably would not have recovered my cost
    So you sold it as an unused tool when in post # 25 you admitted using it. wow.

I do not agree with you, let us leave it at that.

He did get back to me, but the defect has not been corrected and I am awaiting another response to how or what he can do to correct it.

At least he has responded, that is a major improvement, a month for a response is too long in my opinion, but when you have to do other things to generate the cash flow it seems that problems get the lower priority in his case.

Needless to say I'll stick with Tom's or NOE's molds and if I need them HP's I'll do the work myself. Same quality, lower cost, and superb support if needed. Seems they have the balance right.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Banned

hes promply replied to any message ive sent him. You need to keep in mind with all of these mold makers. there machinists not bullet casters. Just because you can make a great mold doesn't mean your a casting expert. Id bet when he first started making molds he had never even casted a bullet.

Customer support has little to do with what the product is. If you make it you need to answer questions on it; in a timely manner. or face loss of customers.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Master

You might have received a more timely and informative answer if you had just asked the question here. We probably have more experience with Mihec moulds than he has.

Boolit Master
    Some times I wish people would just buy the darned bullet, and leave this casting thing to folks willing to ask questions and learn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast