WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Need a little help

Need a little help

A few of us guys are helping a fellow shooter. Retired and on a fixed income.
    We are looking for a dillon precision powder drop. One that is beyond repair, busted or just beat to heck. We are sending back a used 550 to Dillon to be rehabed and we need one so that they well replace it. If you have one and want to help let me know via a pm or here and I will give you an address to send to.
    thanks in advance
    Pee Wee
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

I know it is not what you are wanting, but another idea is to use a lee auto disk. They are much cheaper and these work very well on a dillon 550 and in fact I actually prefer them in some ways.

There are two types on the auto disk. The pro version is more expensive, but with its on/off switch and swivel, it is much more user friendly, and both are a lot cheaper than the dillon.

Happy may have the best idea as broken Dillon parts are as good as new with the warranty.

There is even a post here where a guy blew his up and they replaced it.

Boolit Master
    The question is--why would any one have a broken Dillon powder measure when Dillon is generally more than happy to replace it?
    Mine had the tube through the center simply BREAK during a reloading session--no problems before and none at the time.
    Went in to Dillon, asked if it could be fixed, and the clerk walked over, grabbed a new unit off the shelf and handed it to me.
    Back to original request—since I am cheap, I would at least want the shipping paid for.
    Side note: the Dillon measure is simply the Lee Auto-Disk with an adjustable charge bar that actually works (and, I have been told, Dillon pays Lee a license fee).
    Hope your search is successful.