Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 25-06 Built on Mauser Action

Boolit Buddy
    I did a quick eyeball with the cleaning rod and I'm guessing 1:12... 26" of barrel helps in the stabilizing department but I'll measure it here this week. Would be nice to get away with the 117gr but I'm no stranger to slow twists.

Boolit Man
    Hello mckenziedrums. Did you get this Beauty out to the range yet? I was hoping to read your findings/observations. Did you get a mold and have boolits? I have the Cramer #56 that drops 90 grs at .260 in with my alloy (will Hi Tek coat). I will use these for fire forming cases for my 25-06 Weatherby Vanguard. If you need some samples, I'd be happy to put some in the mail for you.

Let's resurrect this old thread. Inquiring minds want to know: how does she shoot? Any blood on her? My curiosity is killing me, he he.
    [COLOR=#0000cd][I][SIZE=4][FONT=arial black]LeadPoisonTX[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Boolit Buddy
    LeadPoison,

Oh she's a shooter... I never did try any cast boolits in it though. The 87gr Speer went on sale at Wideners for like 50% off and I bought enough of those to keep me shooting for a while. I've swapped out the firing pin for a lighter one and I've yet to get to the range with that in. Hopefully I measured correctly!

Once I used the lighter bullets I shot about a 3/4" group at 100. That load needs some work though so I'm guessing I can tighten it up if I do my part. The trigger is simply outstanding.

If you haven't already done so try the Sierra 75gr HP. My 25-06 loves them-varmints -not so much... Your rifle is beautiful and with that weight it should be comfortable for a day's worth of prairie dogs or woodchucks. The 87 gr Speers work great on deer as well as coyotes. Does that Canjar make your Accutriggers sad lol? Best, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
    LeadPoison,

Oh she's a shooter... I never did try any cast boolits in it though. The 87gr Speer went on sale at Wideners for like 50% off and I bought enough of those to keep me shooting for a while. I've swapped out the firing pin for a lighter one and I've yet to get to the range with that in. Hopefully I measured correctly!

Once I used the lighter bullets I shot about a 3/4" group at 100. That load needs some work though so I'm guessing I can tighten it up if I do my part. The trigger is simply outstanding.
    Missed that sale...totally bummed. My Sendero loved the 87 TNT with H4350. One hole at 100 and under 2" at 300.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Buddy
    That darn Canjar ended up being expensive... I managed to hunt down (and pay handsomely for) a Savage version of the single set Canjar. I've also since grabbed a Remington one I stumbled across. So now there are 3 of them on various rifles in the safe and believe me, I'll grab another one if I can find it!

I'm kicking myself for not buying another 750ct box of those 87gr bullets... half price means you should buy twice as many right?! Still cheaper than buying the swage dies I was considering getting lol

Canjars were de riguer on our prairie dog guns back in the day. They were expensive then as well- but worth every penny. I apologize for the comment on the 87gr Speers- I thought you were talking about the Hot Cor sp. Love me some 25-06! Best, Thomas.