Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger No. 1 7.62x39

Boolit Master
    Thats my thought as well. Cast some 312160s yesterday, and going to try the 311316 for lite loads. Any thoughts on the ranch dog 165 in this combo. Would think it will deer ok
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master
    #1 in 357mag, then rechamber to 357 max. Great little rifle. Performance all out of proportion to cartridge size.

My 7.62 x 39 will do about 1.5" @100yds ,with good ball ammo.

Boolit Master
    Resurrecting this thread again. I finally got a chance to do some casting and fiddling with this NO1. I am using the 160 gr Harris bullet from NOE and a 180fp K31 also NOE. The k31 casts 201 gr and the few groups Ive shot seem good. Note I am shooting factory open sights and a marginal rest , basic field position at 64 yards. 23.4 gr of 2230c put 5 in 1 3/4 inch group first try, about 1 1/2 for the next 5. The Harris bullet casts 168 gr ready to shoot and my groups were not as good, but I couldn't see the besd either. Smoked it before shooting the heavier bullets. 20 rounds, hunting alloy (50:50#2 and pb) with no leading and the last group was the best.
    Got a question, I shot 2 ( yeah really, just 2) factory 125 gr loads. Shot exactly to the sights at 50 yards. Now the cast loads, shoot 13 inches low at 64 yards! My guess is they are running 1700 ish fps. Seems strange that they are that much low vs the factory loads. Only thing I can think is it's a barrel vibration "node" thing. My load dosent even have that much drop total! Anyway, anybody have similar experience??? Insight or comments??
    Going to the range one day this week, may even stick a scope on it to load test. I will then repeat the factory load test vs my heavy cast billets for poi change. See what the groups really look like as well.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

If Ruger would chamber the Light Sporter #1 in .30 Army with a 24" barrel I would find a way to get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I regret not picking up a #1 7.62x39

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12