RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Kynoch 577/450 ammo

in Remebrance

Kynoch 577/450 ammo

Just being helpful here, I know there's a few Martini shooters around. There's a guy on bayoushooterdotcom selling 13 boxes of the above at $30-35 each. No connection with the seller. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    Any of the Kynoch I have seen for sale wasn't any good. All made back before the 50s, poor storage maybe. The boxes were falling apart, cases and lead corroded. Wasn't sold as guaranteed to even work.

Boolit Master
    If it is storage, it might not all have been stored the same way. But a few people have made the same complaint. I'd only buy it if he offers a guarantee (going off isn't a lot to expect in a fair deal on rifle ammo), and seems a regular enough business to honour it.

Boolit Master
    $35 is really, really cheap for martini ammo, to cheap. Hopefully not a case of the guy bought some of that junk Kynoch that was for sale a while back, I remember looking at it to feed my 2, and now hes trying to offload it to not lose to much money.

Boolit Master
    i have shot some Of that. it first came in Through Century arms as surplus. Real cheap. some fires , some does not. i only purchased them for cased. . I load them with large berdan. primer . If you have . size 6.45 mm . you have a home run.. I lot cheaper than New
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    I purchase some new Kynoch 577/450 last October from the maker, it is still out there and being made to this day, I paid $2.00 AU a case.

Boolit Buddy

That stuff was selling for $15/box a few years back. I bought 5 of them just to check it out. I never fired it nor would I. Over the years it's been reported that a good percentage doesn't fire, or hangfires. Those that have shot it report velocities all over the place, minute of barndoor accuracy.

Cordite in most cases has deteriorated, and burns faster/hotter with increased pressures. At $30-35/box I wouldn't waste my time, but that's just me...
    Last edited by craig61a; 11-01-2015 at 04:34 AM. Reason: sp
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance

Click---Bang, Click-----damn! Click---BANG--split case---pepper face! Wear shooting glasses. Out of 50 I ended up with 5 reloadable cases. I had the same experience with Kynock .30-06 ammo from the 1950s. In the original box they are collectable but a waste of money for shooting or reloadable brass.