WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA members in favor of universal background checks?

Boolit Master
    Life member. Not I!

Boolit Master

The "universal background checks" THEY refer to now, are MUCH more than background checks. I've been buying handguns since about 1973 and I've N E V E R purchased one without passing a background check. N E V E R !!! I will never buy into the theory that making restrictive "laws" for law abiding citizens will ever have an effect on criminals. Criminals live in a different society than the rest of us. They can't begin to care about any law. Any.. Can't buy it. Never have. Never will. Period..
    Problem is, it's harder to put the criminals in jail and keep them there than to just make a new "law" and feel all good about yourself. NRA annual member since 1971.
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

NRA life member. No to background checks or any form of infringement. The 2nd Amendment is all I need to carry concealed, hunt, fish, farm, go to the grocery or anything else I choose to do. Big Boomer

Boolit Mold
    I have a concealed carry permit, passed a background check by BATFE and the Secret Service because I work in their facilities. What the hell do I need with a background check to buy a gun?

Boolit Master
    It is you right as an American to own and bare arms. It is in our second amendment.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy

absolutely not. And nobody polled me except right here
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Buddy
    I would consider background checks when the government enforces the guns laws already on the books. Cops arrest a guy and he has a concealed handgun. He has a prior conviction. But he skates on a plea deal and the gun violation is not even prosecuted. This BS goes on and on! My wife and I think we have too many guns laws on the books already. They don't even hammer the thugs with those laws, cause federal prosecution is too expensive and too much trouble.

Ed C

Boolit Master
    Why do Democrats want me to submit to a more checks than they did the traitor they have put in the White House?

Boolit Master

Absolutely not. NRA is also opposed to them. The libs would like to drive a wedge between the membership and NRA. Don't let it happen!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    NRA life member. I say no to any check. The point of the 2nd Amendment is that you do not need permission from the government to keep and bear arms. "Shall not be infringed" is quite clear.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Buddy
    No to background checks.

Say WHAT????

Boolit Buddy
    I oppose background checks, gun registration, and limits on magazine size. We all know that the ultimate goal is the total banning of firearms in the hands of the American citizen.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Lies. They ALWAYS lie.

I prefer as it was when I was young. Anyone could mail order anything, including
    20mm semiauto antitank rifles

Astra 600s were $36 in NRA excellent, Mauser 1895 NRA excellent for $35, Carcanos
    in NRA good for $10. No paperwork at all, no age limits. I bought through the
    mail at age 16, with parents knowledge.
    This is my feeling also.

Boolit Master
    Opposed. I could be talked into a civics background check before getting a voter ID card. An uneducated voter is pretty dangerous.

Boolit Master

No I don't
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

No.
    BUT there is a far greater reason than most have mentioned.
    Universal Background Checks would require any individual that sold a gun to another individual to do so through a FFL with a background check. This would be required if the transaction took place within the same state.
    The Constitution does not allow the Federal government to get involved in legal private intrastate transactions. The Federal Government can only control business transactions and interstate commerce.
    If we allow UBC the federal government could theoretically impose regulations, if I wanted to sale you a garden tractor or a set of golf clubs. A legal private transaction is none of their business.
    All that said, UBC would not address the issue. A criminal acts like a criminal and does not obey the law. It is laughable that a drug dealer would not buy a gun (probably stolen) because of a law requiring a UBC.
    I think the GCA of 1968 and the Federal Firearms Act of 1936 (or is it 1938) are entirely unconstitutional in light of the 2nd Amendment.

What everybody else said.....
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Master
    Life member here.
    Nope never been poled, and if I were my answer would be NO!!!
    But they already know what they are saying is a lie...

Boolit Grand Master

Universal background checks sound reasonable to the uninformed....and that's no accident. Just like more than a few "common sense" proposals there's a lot more to this idea than meets the casual eye.
    Longtime life member here, I think we have more than enough laws on the books to put away plenty of bad people. Time to enforce those laws and quit aggravating law-abiding citizens.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast