Thread: Well that was interesting ...

Well that was interesting ...

I have infected several of my friends with the Quiet Virus
    - some have done OK with their purchases of suppressors
    and using them in good health.

Others have contracted the dreaded
    - CanNotWorkingRightUs condition

So my friend, Mr M, decided he wanted a suppressor,
    - picked up a 223 can for his AR - worked great.
    - picked up threaded barrel for his XD and got a AAC Ti-Rant
    and was having fun.

Then he decided he wanted a 308 can after hanging around me using my AAC Cyclone on my stuff (.243 thru 7.62x54R).

And he first tried to order one thru his dealer from a national company that evidently didn't have anything in stock. Next canceled that order after significant delays and ordered from another nationally known company who said they had their can in stock.

After the usual delays for Form 3's and Form 4's he finally got it in.

In the mean time he had ordered from Shilen a barrel be fitted to his action in 308 and muzzle threaded 5/8x24 at the same time and purchased an Quick Attach adaptor for his not soon to arrive can when the rifle came back.

So he was ready when the can arrived
    - took it out and tested it
    - End Cap strike!

WTH - He called me up we went thru the usual - as it was threaded by a known good barrel maker when it was fitted to the action I doubted it was the problem.

We sort of narrowed it down to the Quick Attach device. I told him to call the maker but he was all impatient and just dropped another $150 for another one at local shop.

Sure enough
    - with the change of the Quick Attach Device the end cap strikes stopped.

At this point he mailed off the bad Quick Attach Device to the maker and got a response...

Which Mr M notated and forwarded to me...

Afternoon, Mr. M

We have no record of this item (QM-HVT-BR or HVT Brake) being purchased by you from us.
    Duh, should have told them I bought it through one of their dealers, pretty hard to tell where it came from, even though it has their name all over it?

I am unable to accept the item that you have returned to us for a couple reasons:

1. The mount has been fired.
    Really, you don't think that's how I figured out it was out of alignment, when the bullet struck the baffle on my new suppressor?

2. Writing on the mount and on the packaging,
    Yep, we can't do anything about it even though it doesn't work correctly and you opened it up and wrote on the package and we don't have anymore packages, good excuse.

3. SHIM set is missing.
    Wonder why, oh I know I used the shims to set the timing for the brake exhaust holes, per their directions. And they must have not more shims in stock I guess.

I am unable to re-sell this mount.
    He left out the important part, because it's out of alignment and might screw up someone else's brand new Junk Tech suppressor.

I am sorry that you had issues with this product. I did have my Lead Shop guy inspect the item and run alignment with some other HVT-QM Suppressors that we have here and there are no alignment issues that we can find. Everything checks out across the board.
    Now if you were possibly the lead man machinist that might have sent out a bad batch, what are you going to tell the boss? Nope Bob, nothing wrong with that one, must be the barrel threads or the way they put it together?

I did see that you did purchase another mount from us and I am happy to hear that it is working the way you like.
    But wait, this new one works and there was no baffle strikes using the same barrel on the same gun with the same suppressor and same bullet's, it's a mystery? If I had a problem, I couldn't send it back anyway, because I opened the package and used some of the shim's, there goes the old, we stand behind our product 100%, when we want to?

I will have my shipping department return the item you sent us for we cannot accept it.

For sale one Junk Tech QM-HVT-BR or HVT Brake/muzzle, $75.00, But Junk Tech says it's ok? Retail $150

Regards, XXX

Well, Great Customer service, yep - they made a Happy Customer - NOT

Just thought I would warn any future customers about the service my friend received. In case they were thinking about ordering one of these...

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/HVT-QM-p90.htm
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I'm afraid I'd have to take exception to that retort. I generally call and demand to talk to the Head Duck! After clarifying my position on all of the points they made if they still didn't want to make it right then I'd indicate my displeasure more loudly.

It pays to discuss these things in person.

It also pays to threaten "Internet Intercourse" if you don't get taken care of.

If that product has a full guarantee this is a no brainer. They have to take it back, and if they don't,,, then spread it around every site you can.

They will see a reduction in their sales.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I agree, the hinge that squeaks gets the oil. Keep moving up the chain of command, no one likes to hear from their boss that they have heard from an in happy customer. Even the guy at the top has a boss, they are called customers.

Almost 14,000 posts, you do know anything in your signature automatically gets posted in everyone.?

Boolit Buddy

Not the first or last time Junkteck has blown off a user, I've had a few of their muzzle devices bite me in the
    exit hole and I know darn well I threaded the barrel to a couple tenths off dead nuts. I prefer the YHM system.

Waiting for the stamp on the next .30 cal can. last one, and it will be a catch-all from .223 to 308 Norma, It really works well on the AR with the 7.62x39 upper.

Amen to YHM! Cannot say enough good about them.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy

The stamp came in, must be a record for me, July 7 to Oct 9 , local CLEO and FED total. The form 4 was signed and stamped on Sept 6, I have no idea why they sat on it for a month after signing. Testing to begin asap...

Congratulations SOFMatchstaff - what did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by SOFMatchstaff View Post
    The form 4 was signed and stamped on Sept 6, I have no idea why they sat on it for a month after signing.
    To show the applicant that they are in control? Maybe...

When it comes to NFA wait times - file it - forget it - be pleasantly surprised when it comes in
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

Its a YHM 3300 Stainless Phantom 7.62 QD . Older style with the smooth tube, I've tested it on the AR 18S at full rate, and the 7.62x39 AR 15 indoors with slow heavy stuff while awaiting the form 4, and no gripes at all. Now I have to get the bolt guns threaded and see how they respond.... I ordered a batch of 303 180gr sp to get the 7.62 tuned up sub sonic as they seem to fly better than the longer projos out o the AR barrel.

What twist is the AR barrel? - you might look for 1680 powder for you 7.62x39 loading - I also us 5744 (little faster than 1680)
    je suis charlie