MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Looking for experiance with a SCCY CPX-2

Boolit Master

Looking for experiance with a SCCY CPX-2

I have just heard of this brand of firearm and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Boolit Master

Good shooter in 9mm,I have one and the only problem that I have had was the safty arm selecter broke an they sent me a new part for it and said that the material in the other one was of the wrong type and they have since corrected the problem.No problems since.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

I was looking at these too. Hickock45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgFs-m59RY
    Don't want to bash them, looks good for the $$ but consider two things. 1 Taurus has a $50 off the 111.
    http://www.taurususa.com/taurusonlinerebate.cfm
    and the EAA SARB9 is $239 at cdnnsports:
    http://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sarb6p...l#.Vg-5WG727Uc
    All get great reviews just passing on my research. Good Luck.
    SCCY does have a great warranty (all pistols mentioned have a lifetime warranty)

Boolit Master
    I had one, a free gun. The ex wife brought it home one day, somebody had gave it to her. Round in the chamber, safety off, 5 in the mag. It was a decent enough pistol. A bit big in the hand with the staggered mag. Only issue I had with it was the hammer was a bit light at times, and would not hit all primers hard enough. Would depend on the brand. And it was a bit rough on the hand, 2 mags and I would have a bloody mark on the back of the knuckle on my thumb. Wasn't the slide, only gun I ever had that did that.

It was a decent enough gun, that you could carry it once you found an ammo it was 100% reliable with. Cheap enough you wouldn't be to upset if something happened to it. LGS near me carries them, has a 100% warranty like Hi point.

Boolit Master

I just bought one theses a few days ago. I've put about 100 round through it so far and it's been great.

Boolit Master

Co worker at work is a FFL Dealer and got a deal on twenty of the double stacked 9mms about two years ago. Dirt cheap and I missed out since they went fast. I know about six of those went to shooters and have had several hundred rounds through them. Everyone's empression of the weapon was it needs a "fluff and buff" during the first cleaning and/or 300/400 rounds through it to make it 100%. Few had to go back for repair work, but that seems to be the norm these days with several brands. But all came back as shooters.

Someone mentioned the EEA/Tangallo cheap polymer frame pistol and I have one. Was on clearance at Rural King for $199 and I got it with no tax during a rebate sale. Can't knock it. Did get stuck with a purple framed one but it's a house weapon.

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Although I haven't had to send in my CPX2 for any reason the SCCY people have been known for their excellent customer service.
    Parts & tuneups and until recently replacement for stolen guns (cancelled due to abuse)
    http://www.sccyforum.com
    Very similar to a Keltec in size & appearance, Saw a subcompact 9mm at a fair price and decided to give it a try.
    Polymer frames are lighter weight and I don't enjoy shooting them as much,This one included, I haven't had any issues with it , but my son does. (limp wristing doesn't like to cycle ) Have about 700 rds cast boolits that I reload through it so far. Good gun

As with any weapon that you plan to carry, make friends with it, feed it what it likes, until it becomes an extension of you. If after that period you can't become comfortable with it then move on.

Working up a load with the Lee 105 gr SWC and the gun would not go to battery. Called SCCY and talked to Jason. He asked me for the serial # of my pistol . He told me they had improved the barrel after those first ones and would send me a new improved barrel. He did and the HiTec coated 105 gr SWC sized to .358 cycle with no problem running up to 790 fps. Working on accuracy loading next. The older barrel lands were against the edge of the brass when headspaced. The new barrel allows for some bullet jump before contacting the lands. The bullet when seated to the crimp groove has the top band of the bullet protruding. When using a dummy headspaced in battery, in the old barrel, the dummy showed groove marks all the way to the brass. Next I need to use andother dummy to see exactly where the bullet needs to be seated. Hope this is helpful.

Boolit Master

I've had a CPX-2 for about a year, I've found that it is reliable. It had a very rough bbl when I got it, sent it back to SCCY it was fixed and back in a week. The only feed problems have been with hand loads that I didn't "plunk" test. It's very light weight so stout recoil with full power loads. I got it in FDE for $200 a good price for a good pistol. Great to carry in a kydex IWB holster from Cleveland Kydex. Hope this helps, Tim

Boolit Master
    I bought a CPX-1, the one with the safety, and the levers bit the inside of my hand so much that I didn't want to shoot it. I called SCCY about the problem and they replaced the entire frame at no charge. I told them that it was my choice to get the frame replaced and I would pay for the change. They said NO. They said that they like to keep their customers happy and that they did for me. It has been reliable. Would I buy another one, Probably if I want a small, easy to carry piece without breaking the bank.