Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington Golden Bullet with Manufacturer Defect

Boolit Master
    OK. The quality of Remington 22 ammo 20-25 years ago was bad. Real bad. I vowed NEVER to buy their 22 ammo again. During the 22 shortage the last couple years, we bought some Golden bullets. I have to say we have not had any problems with them. My wife's new Buckmark eats them up.

Quote Originally Posted by zomby woof View Post
    OK. The quality of Remington 22 ammo 20-25 years ago was bad. Real bad. I vowed NEVER to buy their 22 ammo again. During the 22 shortage the last couple years, we bought some Golden bullets. I have to say we have not had any problems with them. My wife's new Buckmark eats them up.
    That has pretty much been my experience. 4 or 5 years ago until now, they have done a lot better, and shoot pretty good.

I've had such good luck with the Golden Bullets that they're one of my favorite rounds. I've never been one to buy the premium stuff anyways. I stock Wolf match and CCI minimags along with the assorted brands of bulk to try in any new 22 I get, but I can't shoot well enough to justify the extra cost of the good stuff. Golden Bullets are THE most accurate ammo I've tried in 3 of my 22's, and I can't say I've had much trouble with duds, but have noticed the occasional quiet report. I burn up about 4000 rounds of it a year, plus a few thousand Federal and Blazer. They all make a bad one now and then, but I haven't found any with a hole in the side yet!

Boolit Master
    I always buy Remington, either Subsonic or Thunderbolts. They always work in my 580-510's-511. I cannot figure why so many people have trouble with the Remington .22 ammo. But that's ok-means more for me
    USMC 6638

Thunderbolts were always dirty for me, but always worked. I havent shot any them in a long time.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    I had a brick of the Remington .22 rimfire "Golden Bullets" and had a lot of misfires. Tried them in several different guns and still had a lot of duds. I then pulled the slugs and dumped the powder out on a few of the duds. There was no primer compound in the rim of the cartridge on any off the misfires. Pulled some other rounds for a check, and the primer compound was unmistakable, being a green color in the rim of the cartridge.

Pure junk!

With emphasis on junk.

Growing up I was a die hard Remington fan. Then back in the late 80's and 90's things started going wrong. Their .22lr ammo did not shoot like it used to, and I started noticing it was gumming up my Ruger 10/22.

I have been watching, but not buying since then. Now when in doubt I reach first for federal. Centerfire I have found that Privi Partizan makes quality ammo at a more reasonable price, so I often reach for them.

I know Remington got bought up by freedom group like H&R and Marlin, still waiting for them to be sold before I would consider trusting them again. I admit it I am Scotch and Irish, I pinch penny's daily because I enjoy it. You want money out of my pocket into yours, going to have to EARN it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12