Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Accurate load for Lee 125gr RNFP in MArlin MicroGroove 38 Special cases

Boolit Buddy

Question Accurate load for Lee 125gr RNFP in MArlin MicroGroove 38 Special cases

I'm trying to save myself lot of load development time and am asking if anyone might have an accurate fifty yard target load for this combo. I have Bullseye, TiteGroup,Unique,AutoComp,SR7625,Red Dot, BE-86, Lil' Gun,2400, W321 to play with. Using 38 Spec cases to go along with a couple of handguns. Thanks for help you can give with this.
    Lost in Penn's Woods.

Boolit Buddy
    4.3 grains of Bullseye or 4.6 grains of W231, both are great loads in my 1894C. I will state that I have the standard cut rifling and size mine to .358 and lube with NRA 50/50. I hear the microgroove rifles like them a sized a little larger. Maybe try to size them to .359?

Boolit Buddy
    Bula - Thank you very much. Fortunately my bullets are coming out of the mold at .3585 to .359 so they should work in my MicroGroove.
    Lost in Penn's Woods.

Boolit Master

I don't think the powder used matter so much as what Bula said about fit and don't try to push them too hard. I've been shooting some MBC coated 125's over Titegroup and they are more accurate than I could shoot. But a stout load of medium to slower burning powder will start getting letting that longer rifle barrel goose up the velocity which could overcome your alloy or lube.
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs

Banned

about 4 grs of the faster powders should do the trick.
    4.1 of 231 under a 125gr boolit has been my moms load of choice in her win-92 for wwell,, since dad bought her the rifle.
    I hope to maybe get that rifle someday as it will shoot some groups at 25 and 50 yds that are dang impressive, and pop cans at 100 are in serious danger [of flying over the back stop] even when the kids are shooting at them.

Boolit Master
    For TiteGroup 125 Grain RNFP Cast Bullet

Start 3.2 Grains Max 3.8 Grains

Use a lot at the 3.2 grains shoots well , accurate.

The manufactures web site has the loading DATA.