Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Interesting bit of Hollywood History

Interesting bit of Hollywood History

I was at the Nosler Bullets plant last Friday, and in a display case in the retail store was a Hollywood Senior press. I asked the clerk (who was the type every gunshop/reloading store should have) about it. He said it was John Nosler's first press, and he used it to swage his early bullets in his garage. He had sold the press at a yard sale many years ago, and the neighbor who bought it was recently diagnosed with a serious illness, and was in the process of returning things to his neighbors that he had purchased over the years, and he had returned the Hollywood press to the Nosler family.

He told me the Hollywood was retired when Fred Huntington insisted that John Nosler use RCBS products for his bullet experiments and reloading, and had furnished John with the equipment he needed.

The press is in excellent condition and could be bolted to a bench and put right back to work, if needed. This is the shorter Hollywood, exactly like the one I started with in 1963, when I bought mine used from one of my college professors for $25.00, including a set of Hollywood .30-06 dies. My press is still bolted to one of my benches and still sees occasional usage.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Interesting story, thanks Fred!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Fred - Thanks for the interesting story. You also have some rich history behind that Tri-Standard of yours that I hope you will share.

I'll get around to it one of these days, beeser. We just got back from an Alaskan cruise and then over to Bend for a big match. I stopped by the Nosler plant to buy some factory seconds for some experimenting. They have a nice store next to the plant and you can pick up some good deals. I've yet to find a bad bullet in their "seconds", and I've bought quite a few.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/clearance.html?limit=25

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.