Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Pewter score!

Pewter score!

Stopped by a good friend's house last night to drop off a 30-30 cartridge holder I made, and he surprised me with this! Nope, not getting melted. Since I work with CATs, I'll proudly wear this one!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Some pewter things just do not deserve to be melted. I generally end up with a lot of nice signed collectables and very old antique pewter ware that is worth faaaaaaaaaar more than the lousy bit of Sn in them!

Boolit Grand Master

Though it is well documented that I have few compunctions when it comes to melting pewter, I'd probably let that one live.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    My best buddy and shooting partner took many years to shoot a 40x40. When he died, I got his XP and his pewter belt buckle commemorating said perfect round. I still shoot his XP (cast of course) and wear the belt buckle on special occasions and holidays. When I die, both will have little nostalgia for the new owner except the connection to me. They can do with them as they please cuz it will make little difference to me in that new condition and situation. Until then I'll enjoy the memories. Except for the historic stuff, they look good as a puddle and flying downrange from the XP.

Boolit Buddy
    I make my living with a 3406C.