Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MA Systems collator for the star

If its not doing what you want, return it. You could get several MBF collators for that price and run them at any speed you wish. They were designed from the start for bullets.

Yes, but the MBF do not feed the bullets nose down. I spoke to Rick Koskela yesterday and he says his nose down conversion is still in beta testing. He also says that he is 67 and does not spend as much time in the shop anymore. Doesn't look like that conversion is going to be released for sale any time soon. He did mention that there was a company in Minnesota that wants to build larger versions of the MBF for commercial use and they would have no issues producing the nose down conversion. So there is hope.

If I can't get this collator to operate to my satisfaction, I may contact Magma and ask for a return and refund.

Ah, nose down makes MA the only factory collator that I know of. There was a "kit" but Rick's lawyers put a stop to it.

There are a few ways to flip base down bullets though.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...bullet-flipper

Boolit Bub
    Howell machine makes a nose down version of the ammoload bullet feeder but its $3500 it feeds 100% but you have to send them your bullets and they send the right parts.

There is a guy that makes diy bullet collators kits that are like MBF and he has a nose down version and variable speed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJOT5pWrW0

If you are not happy with the M-A and magma will not work with you. I would take if off your hands for you.

There is a guy that makes diy bullet collators kits that are like MBF and he has a nose down version and variable speed
    https:
    "Did" make a DIY collator that one is the one that Rick's lawyers shut down.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 know I could use another, I'll get it to work.

Boolit Buddy
    Contact MA direct.nThey made a special funnel for my collater. The feed bin has to be slightly flatter than recommended. PM me for more details.

Fox

Does this DAYTON speed control unit have the plug in port for the micro switch. Mine has that. The switch and mounting tube assembly came with the unit. Without the switch you may be in trouble as you will manually need to break the circuit at the speed control to prevent overfilling the drop /feed tube assembly and cause a jam at the collator.. This would not be a proplem with a lubemaster as it will out perform this collator most likely. Star sizer may not depending on your collator effectiveness and speed. This speed control recomended from graingers may not have the micro switch port. If it in fact does not get the speed control, micro switch and tubes from ma. You will be a lot better off .
    Last edited by CASTING MACHINE; 01-28-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by CASTING MACHINE View Post
    Does this speed control unit have the plug in port for the micro switch. Mine has that. The switch and mounting tube assembly came with the unit. Without the switch you may be in trouble as you will manually need to break the circuit at the speed control to prevent overfilling the drop /feed tube assembly and cause a jam at the collator.. This would not be a proplem with a lubemaster as it will out perform this collator most likely. Star sizer may not depending on your collator effectiveness and speed. This speed control recomended from graingers may not have the micro switch port. If it in fact does not get the speed control, micro switch and tubes from ma. You will be a lot better off .

He sold it to me. There is no speed control on this one. It has the limit switch tube. and it will out run a lubemaster. its working perfectly for me.

excellent. posted this without knowing your good.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    "Did" make a DIY collator that one is the one that Rick's lawyers shut down.
    If RIck doesn't do something soon he has 0 chance of getting his patent. If I recall one has to file without a year of public introduction.

I downloaded the video of it Aug 24 2013 mrbulletfeeder-point-down.wmv

After seeing the video and talking with him I purchased on of his units, as the nose down upgrade would be released soon.....

I might be time to figure who has the DIY kit and let their lawer know that the patent threads may be very hollow.

The patent talked about pertains to the Mr Bullet Feeder itself, not just the nose down conversion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12