RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Just Speculation on Flint Mich lead source

Just Speculation on Flint Mich lead source

This is just a heads up for those casters in the general area of Flint Michigan.

Been a few stories in the news of late about the Flint Michigan water system. They built a new plant and switched water sources. They had some contamination issues early on which caused a lot of testing to be done. NOW we have something of possible interest to casters. High lead in the water.

Flint government says that the new treatment and/or the new source do not have high lead at the water treatment plant but they are causing more lead to leach out of the systems old lead pipes. I suspect in the not too distant future there will be a lead pipe remediation project in Flint Michigan. All that scrap pipe has to end up someplace.....

It is speculation but if I was in the Flint area I would be keeping an eye on any such projects being funded or in the news and try to find out either the contractor doing the work, where the work was being done, or the scrap yard that any lead pipe was ending up at. Also contacting plumbing contractors, folks may be a bit more likely to be replacing those pipes in their homes which apparently there are a good amount of out there.

Since Flint is pretty short of money I expect there will be state or federal loans, grants, or funding which might also pop up on the news. Or at the very least bonds being sold to pay for it. Too far for me but for someone up in that area there may be a source worth keeping your eyes peeled for in your area.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Along the same line, former co-workers reported that while observing dredging in a lake near Fulton, NY, they heard rattling in the pipe. Commenting on the rocks dredged up, the dredge operator said; "Yeah, rocks and shot from years of waterfowl hunting".
    Now if there were a way to reclaim that lead.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!