Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with RCBS

Boolit Master

Disappointed with RCBS

I am very disappointed with RCBS and here is why. A vld rifle deburring tool was ordered for the RCBS case prep center last week from Midway. When it arrived the label said made in China. I accept that electronic things are Chinese but not tooling. Evidently further diligence is required with RCBS then was previously thought to be the case.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    & I'm sure you got it for a good price ...Correct?
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

And it's backed by the RCBS "No BS" warranty?

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I understand. but I'm over it!

Weve been sold down the river by our greedy Politicians and Wall Street!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Buddy
    I am hoping their other stuff like dies and case trimmers isn't made there. I suppose it is hard to stay profitable with the type of warranty they have.

Frosted Boolits

It's probably hard to stay profitable with the type of government we have.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

The computer the OP posted with is probably made in China, too...............
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Vendor Sponsor

it will not be long before our bandwidth comes from China :]
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned

RCBS has been outsourcing from China for a while.

Boolit Buddy
    I understand the frustration with buying tooling made in China; I would prefer made in the USA, but.......RCBS has been a great company to deal with for 50 years IMHO. No matter where an RCBS product is made they stand behind their stuff 110%. I love my made in the USA Starrett micrometers and dial calipers; the quality and attention to detail is second to none..but for most reloading operations I have to admit that the made in China copies work pretty well at a greatly reduced cost...I applaud a company like RCBS for standing behind their products 100% wherever they happen to be made. Just my 2 cents worth....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    I understand. but I'm over it!

Weve been sold down the river by our greedy Politicians and Wall Street!
    That is absolutely true but it has been going on all my adult life. It is nothing new.

And. it is not RCBS's fault that Washington has made it so difficult to do business of any kind in this country.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy
    For several years now their cast reloading press frames have been Chinese. Seem to remember that they were 'finished' in the states.

Boolit Master
    I like American made too, but it's not productive to go around villainizing everyone who uses China. It's not RCBS's fault, or even Wal-Mart's.

It's a government problem; we have all the resources, natural and human, to do almost all our manufacturing here, but taxes are too high.

The alternative is for RCBS to price itself out of the market and go out of business, or more likely be bought by a company that does more outsourcing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    I like American made too, but it's not productive to go around villainizing everyone who uses China. It's not RCBS's fault, or even Wal-Mart's.

It's a government problem; we have all the resources, natural and human, to do almost all our manufacturing here, but taxes are too high.

The alternative is for RCBS to price itself out of the market and go out of business, or more likely be bought by a company that does more outsourcing.
    Add to that environmental regulations and low wages elsewhere.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Don't worry fellas!

The way things are going we will be a "Third World" country soon and can manufacture here as well as overseas!

Wages will be nothing of course!!!

Thank you, Obozo!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Already happened. They are not an independently owned and operated company. And let's realize that a company can make these tools in the US using US made raw materials and sell them for less than RCBS does.

I fully understand the regulatory problems we have here. But there are companies making everything here so there is no reason RCBS can't.

In Remembrance

You must also remember that these small parts are better made in Asian countries because their people and child laborers have smaller hands than we do!Robert

Boolit Buddy

Lets get down to the basics: If people really preferred to buy American and preserve American jobs, they should only buy American.
    All the companies would get the message very quickly!

Boolit Master
    I buy what I want. When possible AMERICAN MADE. Have for years. Just trying to advise not start a political debate. If big green is going Chinese then my money will go to the other 4. Gold standard warranty or not.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    I agree, if it's true, they are off my list......Redding remains on top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast