Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Kubota BX2370

Boolit Grand Master

Kubota BX2370

I'd like to thank Ickisrulz and all that responded to his thread about subcompact tractors several weeks ago. I spent a few hours researching and verifying what I read here and then spent an hour or so looking them over at a dealer my boss does business with. Got the deal done in less than an hour. It's still in the crate so the test drive will have to wait, lol. It comes with a 60" drive-over belly mower and I'm having them add a loader. My shooting buddy has a box blade he's not using any more so that and a harrow rake should get me set up to do what I need to do. I seriously considered a used tractor but with the incentives and features on the new models plus 0% interest (NOT a buy-down) I saw no reason to buy used, especially since I know little about checking them out. Besides, I got this one for about what I was planning to spend on a used one.
    Thought pretty seriously about stepping up to a B series but it's bigger than what I need for two acres, pretty tempting tho.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I've a L3800 I bought a couple years ago. Got the front end loader and a woods bushog with it. No more stopping to pick up tree limbs and branches. Now I just push them in a pile and get to them when done with the grass. Have about 4.5 acres but has come in very handy when moving dirt for the garden. Best decision I ever made. Frank

Boolit Master

I considered one earlier this year when I bought a new house but part of the back yard was a little too steep for a tractor so I ended getting an Exmark 60 inch rear discharge mower. I still have a strong desire to get a tractor but have absolutely zero use for one. A good friend of mine has the same Kubota as you and has done great work at his farm with it. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a 100'+ gravel driveway that has gotten a little out of hand with the flooding and droughts in recent years, box blade should get that straightened out before I get a load of gravel. Lots of low places in the yard to smooth out as well. I think that little tractor will get a bit of work the next few months.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

I was very tempted to get one and skip the garage liner and insulation... common sense won out, main use would be moving snow and I can pay the co-op $30 to do it 5-8 times a year for a long time for that price!

Boolit Master
    You gonna love it, I have the BX25 same basic machine but comes with loader and backhoe. I added a 3 PTH snowblower. It is the perfect machine for my use.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Grand Master

It is a bit expensive but I figure it will last as long as I will. Thanks for the reminder, MaryB. Need to get back to work on my shop, AKA Lead Shed.

Boolit Master

If you are going to be doing a bit of dirt work, look into a toothbar for your loader bucket. It increases the digging power of your tractor significantly. Think "fork" instead of "spoon". Since you are in Texas you don't have to worry about snow removal. The toothbar can cause problems with that. Mine can be removed with 2 bolts but it has never been off if that tells you anything. Tractorbynet is a great site to find out everything you want to know as well as a lot you didn't even know you needed to know, lol.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

+1 on the tooth Bar. Use mine a lot. It's great for picking up tree limbs fence posts, etc. I do take it off for snow, gravel, or concrete .

Boolit Master

tooth bars are great BUT you need to be careful that the loader can handle them. some loaders are not built to take the extra strain a tooth bar will inflict on the arms. if the kubota loader shows an optional tooth bar you should be good to go.

In Remembrance

An old farmers saying goes"Pick the tractor that you think will fill your needs, then buy the next bigger size to do the jobs right"!Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Good deal on the BX, Im having a B3350 delivered tomorrow, gonna trade in my B3030 for it. Nothing wrong with the 3030 wife wants a new yard tractor. Going to get a root grapple for it as well to help pick up all the limbs in my pecan orchard. Wanted one with a bit more HP but to get tilt steering wheel gotta stay with a B series. Don't know what I'd use a snow blower for may be leaves in the fall.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Can't go wrong with a 'Bota'
    Love my L3901

Moderator Emeritus

TXGunNut we are a KUBOTA family...Have a L3400 and rebuilt a dam and spillway on one of our ponds....cleans out the barn and light work around the house.....cant beat it with a stick....Hope you enjoy!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    I've had very good luck out of Kubota's. Farmed with IH and now that I'm tired or retired I've gone with Kubota. Got the old L185 for the garden a new 7040 for the bush hog and trading in the B3030 for a B3350 which will probably be my last tractor and lets not forget the RTV 900 that the wife rides the dog in.

Boolit Master
    Yep.Kubota haqs been around for a long time.Remember them in use in the citrus groves I worked in 45 or 50 years ago.They were like the Timex commercials.Take a licking and keep on ticking.They were the tall wheel 4WD versions.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    An old farmers saying goes"Pick the tractor that you think will fill your needs, then buy the next bigger size to do the jobs right"!Robert

I agree up to a point, as a subcompact this tractor is quite likely bigger than I need. I really like the B series but I think it's just too big. This BX has a few unusual features, one of which is tilt steering, IIIRC. Has High back seat with armrests, HD floor mats, turf tires, lots of goodies.
    Good points on the website and tooth bars. I heard about the site on a YouTube video but haven't made it there yet. I've greatly expanded my knowledge of tractors recently but that's not saying much.
    We rode out to where the recently arrived (crated) tractors are stored in a little RTV (?) ......it had air conditioning! Cute little buggy.

Boolit Buddy
    Those cute little buggies with cab heat and air run abt $15,000 but that's in cammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kfarm View Post
    Those cute little buggies with cab heat and air run abt $15,000 but that's in cammo.
    Probably designed with a S TX deer lease in mind.

Boolit Grand Master

Shooting buddy showed up with a box blade this morning and helped me hook it up. Last time I had gravel delivered I left a 3-4 yards in a slight high spot about halfway down the drive. Today I spent a couple of hours with that box blade and it looks like I had a load of gravel delivered. All nice and level, even looks a bit wider because all the weeds got ripped out in the process.
    I like this little machine. I even used the loader a bit. Haven't used one of those in awhile, that's going to take some practice, lol. Even found a WW at the end of my driveway.
    Last edited by TXGunNut; 09-26-2015 at 07:16 PM.