Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jalapeno Help.

If the jalapeno flavor is there, might consider making the lot into chipoltes...
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master
    Picked one this morning,Cut it through put in some Cream Cheese,It was hot.It could be as folks suggest that I have been pampering too much.I was feeding them twice a week along with my Tomatoes,this would appear to be a mistake.

Perm-Banned
    if you want pails and pails of hot peppers that are real easy to grow and produce tons of them try the hungarian hot wax pepper. it is a hot banana pepper. banana peppers are the easiest pepper to grow and they really produce sweet or hot.

Boolit Master
    Thanks,they will be on my list for next year.

If you have lots of rain and the peppers grow off fast, they will be mild or sweet. If you have a dry spell they will get so hot your britches leg will catch on fire while you are picking them.

Moderator Emeritus

This isn't about peppers, per se, but along those lines. I once had a parolee who worked in the Vidalia onion fields. Vidalias, of course, are a very mild and sweet onion. This guy, though, told me (and I haven't tried it, but he swore it was true, and this particular parolee was relatively reliable, at least about such matters as this, anyway, that a strong application of Bulldog soda to the V. onion plants when young and growing, would make them "hotter than red peppers!" Never have gotten a round tuit to try it, though have long wanted to, so if anyone wants to give this a try for a little extra heat in your stews and other cooking, let us know how it works. "Heat" is a funny thing, and it's long been noted that even on the same bush occasionally, the individual peppers can vary from sweet and very mild to hot enough to bulge your eyeballs out. Farming anything is a VERY complex matter, and the more you get into it, the more you realize there is that you don't know. There's a reason some farmers are successful and some have a really rough time, and it's not all due to the gov't probrams, though a lot of it tends to be now. Just a FWIW I thought I'd throw in on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12