RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: As of about 1/2 hour ago--nine years earlier

Boolit Grand Master

As of about 1/2 hour ago--nine years earlier

Hard to fathom that its been 9 years since Dad passed away. Spent the last day, by his side ,in the hospital. Talked to him about a lot of things, hope he heard. Was in a coma. He was a tough ol' Full Bird, but he was still my Dad.

Boolit Mold
    You seem a good man, to still miss and praise your dad.
    He's in God's loving grace now.

Boolit Master
    Yes, we still miss our dads. Have to count our blessings lucky we had dads.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master

Some anniversaries are more enjoyable than others. I hope you're enjoying good memories today.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Eighteen years for Dad and three for Mom, but it's like yesterday. I live in their home, among their things, and can't get rid of the stuff that made it personal for them. Everything has memories since childhood.
    Most his tools were worn out, but to hold them, where his hands toiled is a treasure.
    I sure look forward to the day, when we can again reminisce, about fishing, hunting, and life.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master
    memories can be bittersweet
    my Father like yours passed away some time ago
    I forget the exact day but the hole he left is big
    Try to hear his words and advice and think of the good times you both shared
    Time as they say is the healer but we never forget
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy

Rockrat, I have a feeling your Dad heard every word. Don't know, just a feeling.

My own Dad passed away eighteen years ago and I still miss him. He had been in the hospital for weeks and seemingly was doing much better. One evening, almost his entire family came to visit. My Mom, his children and his surviving sisters and brother were all there. The Doctor came in and told Dad that if he kept improving he might be able to go home in a few days.

A little while later, visiting hours ended and we all said goodbye. As we were leaving, Dad asked me to stay for a minute so he could speak to me privately. He said, "Son, I'm going home tomorrow." I reminded him that the doctor said, "Maybe, in a FEW days."

Dad smiled at me and said, "No, Son, I am going home TOMORROW." He passed away at five o'clock the next morning. It wasn't until then that I knew what he had meant. I believe that somehow he KNEW.

I think of him every time I go hunting or fishing, remembering the good times we shared. Its almost as if he is there with me. In a way, i guess he is and always will be.
    Old and in the way.