Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Boolit Design Would You Like To See Lee Precision Make A Mold For ??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    How about some of the existing designs, but without the lube grooves for the people who powdercoat?
    great minds think alike....A truncated cone .45 of ~200 grains with no lube groove . 40 grain plain base .225 or .228. A .310 and/or a .314 85 to 100 grain (all no groove bullets and 6 cavity) I don't powdercoat anymore for low velocity as Ben's BLL works well.

If I might humbly request....add .001 to .002 to the diameters. I would rather size down to what I need...

Thank You, Dale

Boolit Master
    I would like to see the 310gr RF for the 44mag in a plain base and sized .432 or .433 so they an be sized to fit. Also to be design to use WW alloy
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oscarflytyer View Post
    EASY! Offer ALL the Ranch Dog mold designs as factory standard offerings in both 2 and 6 cavity options. I THINK that Mike has allowed this. He OBVIOUSLY would need to. But imho, IF Lee were to make these factory offerings they would not be able to keep them in stock!!!
    Very much second, third, or forth this one. And it would help if pretty much all the molds were cut a little fatter. Most Lee molds tend to drop skinny bullets.
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs

Boolit Mold
    Special ww2 k98k mauser mold.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I'd go for some .303 Lee Enfield/.30-40 Krag designs in 6 cavity... say a copy of the 311299/314299 (200 gr.)- with a hollow point option- and also that same profile in say 150 or 160 gr., maybe 180 gr. and 220 gr.- and in diameters to 0.316"- and GC/PB optionsIf diameters started at 0.310"/0.311" then 0.313", 0.316" they would suit a variety of milsurps and other standard .30 cal. guns.It is a proven design in 200 gr. and I am sure it would sell. I have to think the shorter and longer versions would be good too.Another on the wish list would be a collar button style mould for .44 at 0.434". I suppose others might want .452" and .458"/.460" to suit handguns and rifles.Oooo! Oooo! And another... Multi cavity round ball moulds in 0.600", 0.662" and 0.678".Longbow
    Plus 1 on the fat .30's for worn bore mil-surplus heck even some not worn Enfields want a little more meat than the .312 mold will provide.

Plain base offering(s) of a couple of the more popular rifle designs in 30 cal and 303B. Don't always want to load to full power so PB is fine for plinking. Or powder coating. I think PC is gaining in popularity and it would be worth having a PB rifle offering that supported that or traditional and TL.

Would not mind an additional TL friendly GC design for 357 and 44 mag because sometimes one does want full power. Partial personally to SWC and RFN which will feed lever guns tubular magazines or revolvers well. Like the PB versions having a GC version would be nice option.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I would like to see their 30 caliber molds drop at .311 to .312, a flat nose like the RCBS 30-180-FN in a six cavity would be great. Also, as long as I am wishing, a 7mm flat nose mold around 180 grains.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy_Dan View Post
    I wish they would bring back the .44 200 gr full wadcutter. I would love to carry something like that in my .44 Bulldog.
    I would love to own one of these also!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Id have to agree with the hollow point existing design idea. Or maybe even a kit to make your own with different tips/cavity depths&widths

Boolit Bub
    140 grn.+ 6.5 FN
    200 grn.+ .314 FN
    200 grn.+ 8mm FN
    250 grn.+ .352 FN
    250 grn.+ .360 FN

I don't know if any of these would be big sellers for LEE, but I'd love to have a cheap 2 cavity in all these.

Boolit Grand Master

I had the time tonight so I wrote down all of the requests and will be sending these on to Andy Lee soon, along with my new mold that drops small.

Boolit Master
    Thank you. I'm really curious what comes of this. No matter what, it'll be nice to have more options.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Go to Midsouth Shooters and pickup their LEE 8mm Karabiner mold if you are looking for a 200gr+ 8mm FN mold (actually 215gr)
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...roduction-Mold

Quote Originally Posted by murf6656 View Post
    140 grn.+ 6.5 FN
    200 grn.+ .314 FN
    200 grn.+ 8mm FN
    250 grn.+ .352 FN
    250 grn.+ .360 FN

I don't know if any of these would be big sellers for LEE, but I'd love to have a cheap 2 cavity in all these.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
    How about some Keith designs done by Lee.
    Gets my vote. And do them the way Elmer designed them.

I also like the 358-158-RNFP design, and would like to see a .44 cal version at about 250-260 gr with WW metal, and a big wide meplat like the 358 version has.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Man
    I would like to see Lee make a 2 cavity .310 Cadet mold and a 1 or 2 cavity 450/577 Martini Henry MKIV grease groove mold.

Quote Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
    I would like to see the 310gr RF for the 44mag in a plain base and sized .432 or .433 so they an be sized to fit. Also to be design to use WW alloy
    That would get my vote.

I also would not mind seeing...

- 70+gr version of their new C225-55-RF that drops .226" (6+ cavities are nice with such small boolits)

-300gr-400gr Gas Check 45-70 designs that drop at least .459"

- Ranch Dog Designs in 6 cavity that drop at least .001" larger than the past molds Lee cut

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Go to Midsouth Shooters and pickup their LEE 8mm Karabiner mold if you are looking for a 200gr+ 8mm FN mold (actually 215gr)
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...roduction-Mold
    Thanks,that 8mm mold looks perfect. The 170 grn 6.5 mold looked pretty tempting to until I started reading up on it in the forum.

Boolit Mold
    [I wish they would bring back the .44 200 gr full wadcutter. I would love to carry something like that in my .44 Bulldog.]

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    I would love to own one of these also!
    +1 for a Bulldog bullet!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oscarflytyer View Post
    EASY! Offer ALL the Ranch Dog mold designs as factory standard offerings in both 2 and 6 cavity options. I THINK that Mike has allowed this. He OBVIOUSLY would need to. But imho, IF Lee were to make these factory offerings they would not be able to keep them in stock!!!
    NOE does quite a few RD designs, if there's enough interest he'll do others.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Gets my vote. And do them the way Elmer designed them.

I also like the 358-158-RNFP design, and would like to see a .44 cal version at about 250-260 gr with WW metal, and a big wide meplat like the 358 version has.

I agree. I love pouring memorials to Uncle Elmer.
    Another mould I'd like to see is a 6-cav mould for a TL RN 380 boolit, say around 100grs.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by newrib View Post
    I would like to see Lee make a 2 cavity .310 Cadet mold and a 1 or 2 cavity 450/577 Martini Henry MKIV grease groove mold.
    They had a crack at a .310 mould and dies for an Australian importer many years ago and got it horribly wrong all round.

Too little demand for either. You have to remember that Lee need mainstream so anything too oddball or that will create only a little interest is of no use to them.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast