RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Boolit Design Would You Like To See Lee Precision Make A Mold For ??

Boolit Grand Master

What Boolit Design Would You Like To See Lee Precision Make A Mold For ??

I was talking with Andy Lee yesterday and he stated that business has slacked off enough to give him time to explore new options for additions to the mold designs they produce.

So if you have a boolit you would like to see added to their line of molds post it here and I will pass the info on in a couple of weeks.

Personally I would like to see a 41 caliber RFN of about 250grs in a plain base design. Also about a 180gr 31 caliber boolit with a flatnose that drops about .315". Both should be available in 2 and 6 cavity. Tumble lube and grease lube designs.

I wrote down all the request tonight (9-21) and will send this on to Andy Lee
    Last edited by leadman; 09-21-2015 at 10:48 PM.

How about a 6.5mm (.268"-.270") about 140gr or so with a big flat nose that will shoot straight. Just shorten and cut one lube groove off from the Lee 6.5 "cruise missile" and make the bore riding nose smaller (.265"). Lots of us have been trying to make that one work for years.

Count me in on a 180gr .315" flat nose with lube grooves, too! A 200gr would also be welcome.
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 09-15-2015 at 11:41 AM.

I wish they would bring back the .44 200 gr full wadcutter. I would love to carry something like that in my .44 Bulldog.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Master

How about some of the existing designs, but without the lube grooves for the people who powdercoat?

Boolit Master

I'd go for a few more 7mm and 8mm designs. A light 150gr 8mm and a 180gr 7mm mold would be great. Both preferably with a decent meplat to aid with expansion in game. I'd take a typical LEE Round nose profile if I had to just to get those particular bullet weight selections.

And a fat 6.5 for Arisakas and Carcanos in 140gr would be nice as well.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

"How about a 6.5mm (.268"-.270") about 140gr or so with a big flat nose that will shoot straight."

Yodog, Lee produced such a mould some years ago. It was a 6 cav. group buy project, if I recall. Mine casts a
    133gr. GCFP bullet which is impressively accurate in my "as issued" M 96 Swedish Mauser.

Maven, That would certainly do! The original GB "Cruise Missile" that 45.2.1 did would also work.

There are 3 molds I would like to see Lee make . A .358 105-115 grain TC bevel base . And a .251 48 grain TC bevel base . And a .251 RB mold . All in double cavity .Thanks for asking . Marvin

Something similar to the old Webley .455 Manstopper, in .452 for the 45 LC family. Plain base with a deep ashtray hollow up front. Or they could produce an entire line of manstoppers for low power revolver cartridges. Market it as the ultimate self defense zombie round that was outlawed by the Hague and Geneva conventions.

Boolit Buddy
    .356/.358 147gr round nose, flat point, or something else w lube grooves around that weight class usable in 9mm.

Boolit Master

I think full wadcutters in 32, 44 or 45 would be great.
    Something along the lines of a .458" collar button would be awesome too.

Boolit Master
    I would like the 358 125RF scaled down for a 32, and make it actually cast at .315. Oh and 6 cavity. For that matter scale it up to .412 , not .410.... >.412 please and six cavity. Won't hold my breath for eiher, I know they would probably be low volume. A 32 wadcutter would make me happy , 6 cavity.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Purpose made supersonic 300aac mold in the 140gr max weight range. By purpose made I mean to keep gas check to inside the neck and load to mag length.

Boolit Mold
    I'd like to see some .258-9 bullets in the 90-105 grain range for us 257 shooters

Hollow point versions of existing moulds. Make them just like the Minie moulds. They'll bolt of the shelves.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see them post dimensioned drawings of all their designs on their website. I have many Lee molds and they work well, however sometimes I'd like to look at dimensions before I buy. For example, will their new 358-200 work in 357 Herrett (will the gas check extend past the shoulder when crimped in the crimp groove?)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by earthling121757 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see them post dimensioned drawings of all their designs on their website. I have many Lee molds and they work well, however sometimes I'd like to look at dimensions before I buy. For example, will their new 358-200 work in 357 Herrett (will the gas check extend past the shoulder when crimped in the crimp groove?)
    Yeah, that would be nice. It would also allow you to calculate the real weight of the bullet given the alloy that you are using. I doubt they would do that since it would allow someone to complain that their mold didn't match the drawings.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by earthling121757 View Post
    FWIW, though not fully dimensioned drawings, if you click the "Instructions" link down the left side of the Lee page and scroll down there is a PDF of Cast bullet lengths and some other dimensions. Somewhat helpful

Boolit Master

How about some Keith designs done by Lee.
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    FWIW, though not fully dimensioned drawings, if you click the "Instructions" link down the left side of the Lee page and scroll down there is a PDF of Cast bullet lengths and some other dimensions. Somewhat helpful
    Here's the link:

http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/ins...lletLength.pdf

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast