Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Favorite Multitool

Favorite Multitool

I want to get a new multitool for my pack. What is your favorite new tool? Thanks!!!
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master

Leatherman of any kind, as long as it's a real Leatherman not a cheapo knock off. My Leatherman have served me well in the Corps, elk bear and deer camp, hog hunting and on the job and round the house/farm. I don't ever really use the knife on them, have plenty of those about my person but the pliers, the drivers the punch the can opener , lots of tools on there that are either exactly what's called for or can be made to work in a pinch. Couldn't imagine working on a m249 SAW without a Leatherman handy.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    As big of a Leatherman as you can find/afford/need! Period.

Only tool I carry with me in the field. Besides a DVM. And iPad.

Boolit Buddy
    Any Leatherman in which the tools lock. Can't say how many times I bashed my knuckles trying to use the screwdrivers in the original model. My Leatherman Pulse has been serving faithfully for 8 or 9 years though.

Eric

Boolit Master
    Leatherman is the original MultiTool...everything else is just a copy...

My favorite is the SURGE...nice and big...will take care of most problems...

Bob

Boolit Buddy
    I like the "Swiss Champ": lighter to carry than a leatherman. When I got the first one I wondered what the "hook" was for. Then I needed something to pull a grate from a floor drain: perfect. It is also great for pulling bungee cords. I just wish the magnifying glass was big enough to start a fire. https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Prod...Champ/p/1.6795

Leatherman Surge is my favorite, I handled and shopped around untill I found a tool with the things I wanted on it.

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    Leatherman Wave for daily carry! Has all most will need in a "just right" size.

Banned
    I like the Gerber multi-tools

I have used my Victorinox for years & been very satisfied with the way it has held up.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I started with the leatherman brand tools, but after breaking a couple, replaced with warranty, and really disliking the open part digging into my palm while using the pliers, I started using the Gerber brand of multitools. I've carried a few different models but the one I've carried the longest is the MP800 Legend. It has the best mix of tools and replaceable carbide wire cutters.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~