Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Photos- 9mm 125-130 gr. SWC, H&G 275 replica NOE group buy

Boolit Master

Photos- 9mm 125-130 gr. SWC, H&G 275 replica NOE group buy

My NOE molds came in two days ago and here are a couple of photos of what the new mold bullets look like; photo out of the mold-(little discolored as they didn't get pulled out of the water bath until the next day) and a photo after powder coating. Out of the mold they are weighing out just under 133 grains and a little over after powder coating.

Attachment 148700Attachment 148701

Boolit Master
    Woo Hoo I got that one too ! Blocks boiling in dish soap as I type. lead heating.
    Also got the new Lee 2 cav 22 mold - 55g I think.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new molds.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	148807
    My captive machinist (son in law) is working on how to HP the 22.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    I would like to see this mold with a HP.

Love Life
    I'm so over the whole hollow point craze. I'd like to see a gas check option so I can hit it with the juice.

Boolit Master
    OK, then how about an HP with a Gas Check. Problem with this bullet is it's too heavy for anything but target work. The real damage for a personal defense round is caused by high velocity and the only way to get that is reduce the weight, so both would do that and the GC would allow more velocity. Actually, I really don't care about the HP because for my serious defense rounds I use commercial jacketed bullets that I can load to +P and those loads I developed long ago, but since it is my hobby it's fun to play around with another bullet design and see what it can do.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I'm so over the whole hollow point craze. I'd like to see a gas check option so I can hit it with the juice.
    Me Too! I have requested that a gas checked version be run every thirty days, so far nobody else wants one and NOE doesn't seem in any hurry to make any. It's listed as a regular product the only problem is they are always "out of stock". At least I'm not the only person on Planet Earth that wants a gas checked 9 mm Luger mould. Rant over.
    Gary

Like that powder coat color and job. I'm assuming you sprayed them, correct?

Boolit Master
    Here is my first attempt at shake and bake with HF red. Not too bad, I think I'll do better with a little more experience .

As to the gas check, have you thought about the pop can checks ? I've had good luck with them on the Miha 125 rn lubed with Carnuba red in a 38 super. Got them up to about 1400 f/s. Not a terribly hard alloy - somewhere around 10-12 bn.

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	149357
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    Here is my first attempt at shake and bake with HF red. Not too bad, I think I'll do better with a little more experience .

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	149357
    You have done well! Thats about as good as it gets with HF Red shake N bake. Smack one with a hammer & if it does not flake off it's actually Perfect.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyephil View Post
    Like that powder coat color and job. I'm assuming you sprayed them, correct?
    The smooth bright lead is the way they came out of the brass mold and the gold color coat was sprayed. The gun does produce a more even coat and some powders will not tumble, but will spray beautifully. However, it's a trade off because spraying takes more set up time, higher initial cost, more powder is used due to waste, bullets are not fully coated (bottom is still bare lead), and since I transfer form spraying to cooking rack I have to handle bullets twice. I haven't done an accuracy comparison, but I would guess there is no difference in accuracy between tumble & gun coating, but I do plan to find out.

Love Life
    Did some range testing today with this bullet loaded over 4.0 gr unique, and roll crimped into the front drive band, in 38 special mixed HS brass. I arrived at this combo because it's the powder charge that was set on the Dillon for Mom's practice ammo I load, and that's where the bullet ended up seated in the case without adjusting the seating stem from Mom's 158 gr hollowpoints....

At 25 yds it held 3 inches
    At 50 yds it held 7 inches
    At 100 yds it held 12 inches

Gun was my S&W model 28 with iron sights.

Lesson learned is I can add much more juice. I usually load every 358 bullet I own over 5-5.5 gr of unique from 100 gr- 180 gr bullets. At this load level (4.0 gr unique) there was mucho unburned kernels. These were lubed with Lotak Hard from the Bullshop and there was no leading.

I like this bullet!

Boolit Master
    At the present time I am putting together 9mm loads to test my new NOE 358-128 bullets for 9mm. Since it is the scaled down 9mm version of the old H&G #68 mold I expect good accuracy. I took a 100 rounds to the range yesterday to check for feeding issues. Out of a S&W 1911, Glock, Walter & Sig the 100 rounds all fired without a single malfunction, so I can pretty well say this bullet feeds well. The next test round will be with a Ransom Rest, finding the best load using 8-10 different powders, so that will take me awhile .

Love Life
    I believe I will load some up in 357 magnum brass next, and crimp into the front drive band with my Lee collet crimp die I bought from Ranch Dog. I will eventually get to the 9mm, but I have about 4,000 plated bullets I need to shoot through first.

Boolit Master
    I have a lot of plated also, but they will keep, while I shoot what I can easily replace.