Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Petition to abolish the NFA

Petition to abolish the NFA

Please sign and show to all of your friends

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/abolish-nfa

I don't think it a good idea to be contacting THIS White House about the NFA.
    In the first place, either you will have to be providing some sort of identifying info to Hussein's minions, and secondly you'll be bringing the NFA to their attention, so they might decide to make it worse, such as raising the fee.
    Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Kind of my thought too, I would be all for it gone but not if they wanted my stamped toys.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Good luck with your efforts.

I think that eventually there will be a showdown regarding the NFA regardless of wether this petition plays out or not. The question is, "Do we do nothing and wait for stuff to hit the fan or do we do something and wait for the stuff to hit the fan?

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

HollowPoint

I have seen the move towards suppressors at the State level in my State, just don't think it is the right time now.

That said after Clintons AWB we elected an "R" pres, house and senate and got nothing out of it except they did nothing except let it sunset. Then they wondered why folks didn't come out in droves after that....

Boolit Buddy
    Seems right now it's tit for tat with the BATFE.

The SIG arm brace? got ss109 on the list.
    the SIG mono core muzzle break? that for 200.00 bux became a suppressor? ( BATFE is still pouting over that)

Some idiot reg a NEW MG on a F1 and trust got approved then revoked. Now they are going after the Reg. H&K sears as illegal contraban even though they were submitted in the proper way by SOTs during the may 19th deadline. ( this will take a few thousand Reg. sears out of the registry if the BATFE gets their way)
    It's also rumored that there was a back door Registry amnesty as a few K new MG's showed up on the registry and in the publics hands.
    ( the Gov. owes us 3 Amnesties. the one from 1986 GCA and two more. ) It is highly speculated they did a "secret" amnesty backed by the fact that 20K un registered MG's showed up over night on the registry. The likes of WWII tommy's BAR's and other war relics.

The way things are going on a local state level is good. states are getting NFA into the public hands.
    The way NFA is going with BIG GOV is not. The BATFE is like I said, doing the tit for tat thing.

I'll wager the NFA will be closed for good like the MG's were May 19th 1986 before it is done away with.
    A lot of us steeped in the NFA community think this, since it's all but admitted that all those guns just showed up over night and now they are after "legal" guns that were produced at the end of the dead line.
    If they did so with the "secret" amnesty then they would only owe one more to keep within the law and they could in effect close the registry with NO legal ramifications.

Rich

PS: I would take the value hit on my NFA stuff for the chance to buy a NEW produced MG. my options right now are to buy a 30 + year old gun for 7 K plus ( entry level M11 or M10) plus stamp, compared to the NFA either being re opened or abolished and paying fair market value for a new production MG.
    I'll take new and fairly priced over 30 + and expensive.

Boolit Master
    Specifics of the act aren't my business, but with 335 view of this thread and 23 signatures (is the petition publicized elsewhere?) it seems likely that people feel the act's existence has staved off legislation that might be even less congenial.

I don't care to own a MG. Short barreled rifles and suppressors being regulated like a normal firearm would make everything a lot easier. Would love to travel over state lines with no notice or extra paperwork. I think most would welcome the value hit on currently owned NFA items to make future purchases easier.