MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swapping and selling

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    I liked S&S before the new rules because I buy far more than I sell here. Now that subforum looks dead. I figured if somebody haunted estate or yard sales and made a few bucks for their time that's cool because: 'Merica and free enterprise. Of course the site owners want a piece of that pie for the same reason. I'm not happy but I'm not going to rage quit over it, I just won't be here every day.
    I login to this website 3 or 4 times a day.
    I check S&S everytime, there is always new posts...just like "our town".
    I visit other similar websites, most of them don't have "fresh" classified ads everyday, sometimes, they are weeks apart.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    Sir, the post you reference was for 58, yes Fifty-Eight sets of dies, not 18. At that time the rules clearly stated "No long laundry lists" You then broke those 58 items into 3 three threads, which were pulled.
    That's entirely possible, my ads were pulled so I was going by memory.
    I had 4 different people ask me what I did to make you so mad. Had 2 different people suggest to split them up and relist them.
    Maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    After the way things were handled, to be told to send some money and everything would be all right.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Stihl View Post
    After the way things were handled, to be told to send some money and everything would be all right.
    Not exactly true and not quite as simple as you make it appear to be. Being a VS does allow a member to have unlimited sales but is not designed for folks such as you who are selling one-off's such as 40+ different dies sets or an estate sale a couple times a year. The program is for those who are making or offering the exact same items or services on a continual basis. Your type of sales would have never qualified you for the VS status so it is clearly not as easy as "send some money and everything would be all right".

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Super Moderator Emeritus
    The rules were brought up because shysters get on hussle as many as they can and run to another site. Thank you for protecting us as much as you can, mods.

In Remembrance
    I have had a lot of dealings (buying) in the swapping and selling, and so far (knock on wood) have not run into any shysters.
    The mods always kept the deadbeats to a minimum.
    Some thinks the S&S section has slowed since the change, maybe so, but I haven't noticed a real change, Many of the other sites I visit have what I call slow S&S forums, some basically dead.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Have never looked into the S&S forum till all this hub bub. Now I've been checking it out, have yet to see anything I'm even remotely interested in. Mayhap I have everything I need.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I have bought a few things here but BrassMagnet seems to beat me to the good stuff!
    The Brass Magnet actually gave me my very first mold, even paid the shipping. I am pretty sure there are others, as I am no one special, sooooo I reckon I can stand for him to beat me to a deal or two, even if he was the one that corrupted me and cost me MILLIONS. lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Not exactly true and not quite as simple as you make it appear to be. Being a VS does allow a member to have unlimited sales but is not designed for folks such as you who are selling one-off's such as 40+ different dies sets or an estate sale a couple times a year. The program is for those who are making or offering the exact same items or services on a continual basis. Your type of sales would have never qualified you for the VS status so it is clearly not as easy as "send some money and everything would be all right".

Robert
    After reading this I decided to look through our vender sponsors.
    I seen a "buyer and seller of estates"
    How is this so?
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy

I have no problem with the new rules, I'm sure the owners know the problems better than we do and are trying to make it a safer place for all of us. If you just follow safe selling and buying practices you shouldn't have any issues. I really don't even notice the new rules, but then again I don't have long laundry lists of items to sell, just an item or two here and there.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post

Robert
    From oneokie via PM

"Sir,
    This is to inform you that your posting history has been reviewed by senior Staff and most of your posts are in the S&S forum. You are considered a seller with either commercial or volume sales, which requires a Vendor Sponsor subscription.
    As of today, do not list any more items for sale until you become a Vendor Sponsor. You are now blocked from the S&S area."

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Cast Boolits Owner

The only reason I commented was to correct the misinformation from you:

It now appears what you originally indicated is not what actually happened:

From oneokie via PM

"Sir,
    This is to inform you that your posting history has been reviewed by senior Staff and most of your posts are in the S&S forum. You are considered a seller with either commercial or volume sales, which requires a Vendor Sponsor subscription.
    As of today, do not list any more items for sale until you become a Vendor Sponsor. You are now blocked from the S&S area."
    I am the one who makes the final decision of who becomes a VS or not. You do not qualify as I have stated before. Get over it.

You may resume sales in the S&S area as long as you abide by the rules everyone else has to follow.

You have said what you wanted to say. Continuing down this road will be counter productive.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123