MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rce, llc

Banned

Rce, llc

This post is two fold. First, I started a thread in the "Wanted to Buy" section, asking if anyone had some 6MM, .900" jackets they wanted to sell. A fellow said RCE had them on his website at a good price. So I sent an email to RCE, and what I received wasn't exactly what I expected.

So the first part of my post here is to cut and paster this:

"If you want bad information, dangerous info, obsolete and/or outdated info, and just plain stupid stuff the Cast Bullets forum is the place to find it. As usual the person on Cast Bullets is wrong and had anyone gone to my web site they would have known that."

The second part is he went on to say he is having a "case" sale, selling cases of jackets near cost, with the intent on selling out all his jackets for good.

So use this info as you wish.

Frosted Boolits

Maybe he was having a bad day. Some people...well...just aren't "people" people. Lol.

It won't hurt my feelings. But, I hope he isn't planning on not carrying jackets in the future. His prices are great!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Man
    I just checked his web site, and there is nothing to indicate that he is selling out on jackets. His pricing is the same as it has been for the past year, nothing to indicate a special sale. I hope this means he is continuing to sell his jackets.

Frosted Boolits

Double post...sorry
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B R Shooter View Post
    "If you want bad information, dangerous info, obsolete and/or outdated info, and just plain stupid stuff the Cast Bullets forum is the place to find it. As usual the person on Cast Bullets is wrong and had anyone gone to my web site they would have known that."
    Seems a little harsh as in my short time here I hear his name and business referred to quite often. Maybe he's tired of all that business. WOW!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman View Post
    Seems a little harsh as in my short time here I hear his name and business referred to quite often. Maybe he's tired of all that business. WOW!
    I don't hold a man's opinion against the quality of his product. This will have zero influence on my future purchases. We all have bad experiences and I am sure he has. The old/experienced swagers are the type you don't tell how to do much. You shut up and listen to what secrets they share. I have gained some knowledge from him and am willing to sift through what I get.

He had mentioned wanting to maybe get rid of the jacket portion a while ago or take on a business partner

I do wish we had more discussions on precision swaging. There have been some in the past but not recently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goblism View Post
    I don't hold a man's opinion against the quality of his product. This will have zero influence on my future purchases. We all have bad experiences and I am sure he has. The old/experienced swagers are the type you don't tell how to do much. You shut up and listen to what secrets they share. I have gained some knowledge from him and am willing to sift through what I get.
    Really.............so this guy can insult you, his customers, forum members, say whatever he wants, and hold out his hand and you'll buy more from him?
    Sounds like the Iran deal Obama just made.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman View Post
    Really.............so this guy can insult you, his customers, forum members, say whatever he wants, and hold out his hand and you'll buy more from him?
    Sounds like the Iran deal Obama just made.
    Yes that is exactly what he said. No wait that is actually not even close to what he said.

Nice to compare richard to obama. Very classy!

Has anyone here ever remember playing the game "pass it on" as a kid?
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

If it's true that he is going to stop selling jackets, it's going to be a major bummer for swaging. I haven't seen any other company selling them for a price that makes sense. Good thing I rely on spent cases for jackets.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

I had read the "sale add" before. And the way it read to me was the jackets that weren't "big sellers" were going to be sold off in larger lots until sold out. The sale didn't sound to me like RCEO was going completely away from jackets , only certain sizes.

Boolit Master
    Order jackets from him regularly. He is dramatically reducing the lengths he carries. When you order jackets he includes a flyer as to which are being discontinued. .705 .223 is one of them and that makes me sad. The more common lengths he plans on making. As any buisness person knows if it isn't selling why stock it?
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Buddy
    If a grumpity kinda guy is making and selling the press I want to buy,
    I will buy it as long as it is the top shelf gear I want.

My clients put up with their share of my grumpy moments.
    They continue to work with me because when I'm done their stuff is fixed.
    They also appreciate it when you don't BS them when things just aren't going the way they/you want.

Boolit Buddy
    I have talked to Both Corbins many times over the last 10-15 years?? they both have their days and so do I.
    If you've been around this business long at all and have not been offended or talked to gruffly by SOME one or what or how they said it, then you are one luck guy/gal.

these guys are no nonsense talkers and don;t bs folks ,
    maybe since they are NOT A warm and fuzzy grandpa type that will put you off , but if that is your only gripe or issue, get out of shooting now,
    you'll have your feelings hurt soon enough by some one soon...

they are there to make stuff not hold OUR hands or make life long friends, they are too dang busy for that stuff, JUST try to reach Dave on the phone , double dog dare you to...Richard still takes calls, or did when we called him the last time.

I will continue to support them (both for what they do ) when I can and refer them both to folks when needed.
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 10-23-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    The word is true, Richard is getting out of quite a few jackets. I placed a rather large order today as he has some close out case prices. Hopefully someone else will offer a cost effective option but sad to see the odd calibers and sizes go that he has offered

Boolit Buddy
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byz...p=docslist_api

I don't know if this will work but this is the list he sent me. Some are listed as discontinued whereas others don't state that. Makes me wonder if he will be making some jackets. Nonetheless I bought quite a few jackets today

I would have gladly paid for the annual $2,500 ITAR licensing fee myself if Richard was prepared to export high quality 95/5 jackets for long range target shooting.

As it stands I can't even get my hands on them. So I continue paying 4x the price (before the exchange rate) for product from another jacket supplier that doesn't even guarantee quality or supply.

But me no complain.

As they say, don't worry about the things you can't control...just worry about the things you pretend you're in control of ...and when that world collapses you can always go back to swaging.
    Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projecitles

Boolit Buddy
    we had plans to make A BULLET, the guy making the jackets for us used 50cap bmg thickness for what we wanted, he said it would be just a few months he had some thing come up.... then some other thing then 6 months turned into 1 year and now IF I Had still been waiting it would have been 8 years waiting...so far...owning your own gear and having a good source for the CUPS or the flat stock would help but that was hard to find and not to our spec. Have to buys lots of it to get cost lower , not by much....

Bottom line - very good jackets are hard to fins and never cheap to buy.... then you gear up to make them and LOOSE you shirt on what the machines and material cost so "I" can have a few thousand for myself.....sad news for Richard and for the shooters indeed....

Boolit Buddy
    I just received a lengthy Email from Richard today confirming he is going to get out of the jacket making business. The list above that "goblism" posted is valid and once the quantities are gone I believe they will be gone. It seems there still isn't enough interest in the market to make it profitable for him to operate. His prices are the lowest that I've been able to find. Purchased a case of 35/cal and 44/cal before everything is gone.
    If your seriously into swaging jacketed bullets and your not drawing your own jackets your supplier choice will now be very limited.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KAYDADOG View Post
    I just received a lengthy Email from Richard today confirming he is going to get out of the jacket making business. The list above that "goblism" posted is valid and once the quantities are gone I believe they will be gone. It seems there still isn't enough interest in the market to make it profitable for him to operate. His prices are the lowest that I've been able to find. Purchased a case of 35/cal and 44/cal before everything is gone.
    If your seriously into swaging jacketed bullets and your not drawing your own jackets your supplier choice will now be very limited.
    Got the same one, got to find 1.36 j-words elsewhere.
    Bill

Boolit Buddy
    I am hopeful that he will sell his jacket forming equipment to someone. I just hope if he does that the person isn't too greedy.