Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for you coyote hunters here.

Boolit Master
    Buy cans of cheap Tuna mix 50 - 50 with Golden Marlin fly dope. Each can makes 2 baits. Nothing will walk very far. Watching a Coyote eat someone's Cat or Yappy yard or house dog is cruel too..... but you can't all ways shoot in town.. Coons, Skunks, Armando's, and other wild life carry VERY bad diseases such as RABIES, PLAUGE (SP)= BLACK DEATH, etc. Do you want some small kid or mom hurt..?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lobowolf761 View Post
    I shot 2 young ones yesterday at 5-10 yards with my .22 rifle. I was out scouting for the upcoming deer and turkey seasons and they came walking down a dry creek bed right towards me like they didn't have a care in the world. I was standing right out in the open. It was weird.
    That's what I'm talking about, except these have been full grown.

I've wondered if someone has been feeding them myself, but I really doubt it. I've talked to the neighbors and they have also seen this strange behavior lately. My neighbor on the hill tells me he took a shot at close range at one and missed. Instead of running the coyote just stood there staring back at him.

We've been hammering on the coyotes here for the better part of three years when one of my neighbors blue healers was killed by the local yotes.

I guess I'll just enjoy the easy shots for as long as it lasts.

Boolit Buddy
    So will I. They just don't seem to be too scared of much now days.

Boolit Master
    ZOO! coming to pass
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master
    Might be that coyotes have been accustomed to getting food somewhere around you,also could be accustomed to seeing people and not being shot at.At any rate if you can get rid of them you may want to take every legal avenue to that end.Seeing others there only brings more.
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    What White Eagle said. Coyotes "acclimatize" to human presence readily, and need to get shot at regularly to re-hone their fear of people. They are INCREDIBLY adaptable, and extremely efficient predators once they put their minds to doing so. A decent population of Merriam's turkeys painstakingly established by CA-DFW through the 1980s and into the 90s in the San Bernardino NF was eliminated by these ravenous monsters from about 2003-2008. So, I light 'em up at every safe opportunity to do so.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

In the metro areas they are get more numerous and bolder. My home state doesn't have a case law and rounds in the mag. are legal. They hit high gear anytime a pickup slows down.

Boolit Buddy
    When this old world ends there will only be coyotes and cockroaches surviving to carry on... LOL!

In the last 4 weeks here , I have been seeing more yotes than deer in peoples yards under the dusk to dawn lights at 3 in the morning going to work. This is the first year I have seen yotes standing in peoples yards less than 30 -40 feet from their houses. Seen 3 in one morning last week , all in different areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12