RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your bug out guns

Banned
    I'm thinking a couple of hundred dollars in cash, a credit card, a pocket flask of Irish whiskey and a metro card for whichever subway I'm close to. I probably will not live as long as the rest of you but I'll damn sure have a better last day !!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Just one of those things that I have not gotten around to yet. So little money comes in each month and so many places to spend it.

In case you haven't seen it, an old thread, you might be interested in looking at and contributing to the Prepping On A Shoestring thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-A-Shoestring
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Bub
    I completely agree on bugging in. I don't plan on leaving my home unless we have too. I don't want to be backing bags for us if we do have to leave and thinking about what we need when we need it. Bugging in is always the best option.
    My neighbors are like minded but no where near prepared so the high amount of ammo is to supply them too.

ALL of them, as I intend to go nowhere as long as I have even one, with 1 round of ammo to back up my will.

Come and take them. Be ready to meet your maker.

Boolit Master
    I would never go anywhere but if all I had left was my SRH 44 mag and H&R garand I certainly would not complain.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    I would never go anywhere but if all I had left was my SRH 44 mag and H&R garand I certainly would not complain.
    I guess some folks like to go big while staying home!

Two great choices!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    To get bugs out, I use either RAID or Bayer Ant & Roach Killer sprays......not a gun. Wife complained I was blowing too many holes in the house with my 12ga.

banger

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    To get bugs out, I use either RAID or Bayer Ant & Roach Killer sprays......not a gun. Wife complained I was blowing too many holes in the house with my 12ga.

banger
    Geez, another one with a better mouse trap!
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Plan on staying put also, everything is here for the long term. However, for the sake of discussion, if I had to strike out on foot, 357 revolver and 12 gauge pump and all the ammo I could carry.
    ]Why does anyone need an assault rifle? My first need is articulated in the US v Miller 1939 decision: every citizen eligible for volunteer or conscript military service, every member of the unorganized militia, should be familiar with his nation's military service rifle, and the service rifles of potential allies and foes as well, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I'm with snoopy!

However I did recently find a nice NEF single shot 12 ga 3" mod choke at the local pawn shop.
    It also fits my 9mm single shot stubb barrel perfectly. So it might have to be the shotgun with 9mm barrel and a 9mm pistol.

Boolit Master
    not to get off subject but when hurricane hit, grocery store was empty, gas was long gone, power was out for 10 days, everyone on my street helped one another out and we all got through it. anyone who happened along that was not in police, fire or power co vehicle was firmly but politely turned around. nobody was totin visible fire power around. It was hot and windows were all open and any noises got people up with flashlights and lamps and we banded together. Now I'm in long term process of moving to very rural area.

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    Even though I plan on "Bugging In" I work 40 miles from home! That means if TSHTF, chances are, I'll be hoofing it HOME! Hence, I keep a Ruger .22/45 in my GHB and typically a Marlin XT-22Magnum and NEF 12ga Survivor in the car (double duty incidental hunting and GH firearms.)

Firearms update: Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum is my newest CCW and is with me everywhere I go now. Still working out what to pair it with for GHB. Thinking the Marlin .22WMR for weight and range will be the goto longgun. Cant see toting a fullsize AR in the vehicle, maybe an AR pistol tho.
    Last edited by Plainsman; 04-01-2017 at 08:21 PM.

My local has an ample fresh water supply with plenty of fish and wild game so I'm not going anywhere.

This is my SHTF gun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31026467506_8188b19b54_b.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	182689
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

Boolit Man
    If I have no choice but to abandon our home, we will simply go to the cabin. Both places have a good supply of stuff. We have a Big Berkey water filter if clean water becomes an issue. Frankly while all the ARfifteendotCom dudes are bugging out, battling FEMA and NATO, doing their road warrior act, and playing Red Dawn, I will plant a garden with seeds we have set back.

I have been to war. I'd rather stay far, far away at the cabin, grow some corn, pumpkins, green beans, etc and hang some venison when the weather gets cooler.

We have no shortage of guns and ammo, but when you start shooting at people, they tend to do the same, and eventually you end up getting some of what you have been giving. My bride is a nurse, and I have a BUNCH of trauma training. Between her background and mine, we both know that the best course of action is to stay far, far away, and live quietly.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Hmmmm, I carry a Sig P238 in my backpack. That's downtown Houston and to work and back. My normal carry for hitting the woods is my Ruger GP 100 with 6" barrel carried cross draw with a pocket full of extra ammo.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    Even though I plan on "Bugging In" I work 40 miles from home! That means if TSHTF, chances are, I'll be hoofing it HOME! Hence, I keep a Ruger .22/45 in my GHB and typically a Marlin XT-22Magnum and NEF 12ga Survivor in the car (double duty incidental hunting and GH firearms.)
    I agree with Plainsman. Most of us work a considerable distance from our house. After Katrina I worked hard to get a GHB (Get Home Bag) in both of my vehicles. Each has food for 2 (wife works at the same location) for 3 days and emergency supplies to get us home. We will not be comfortable but we will survive! Each kit does include a single shot shotgun with inserts for 9mm and 22lr. Broken down you can't tell there is a gun in the pack. Once assembled, a 00 buck round goes in the chamber.

rwoods61

Banned
    CRA,

NO question. My treasured Danish Garand (It does better than I can shoot these days out to 400M.) , my Mills Belt full of M2 Ball, my P225 & ammo for the 225.

yours, tex

Boolit Master

I can't carry everything I need, so I'll just stay home, there, I have everything I need.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Food and water would be the biggest challenge. If you bugging out chances are lots of others did too. After a couple of weeks there will be nothing left to hunt.

I am staying home.

Boolit Buddy
    I am in the same boat as Ghosthawk without a semi and tandem trailer at my disposal. Shelter in place is the best option! Lifetime of ammo and water here lol.
    But I am still geared up for the worst case. Forest fire or floods are as bad as Zombie Hordes and more common. Get home bag with a Sub 2000 9mm and three 33 round Glock mags. Glock 26 is with me in winter as EDC usually. Bug out bags get a Glock 19 in each, a Takedown 10/22, four Rotary Mags and a 333 box of LRs in one and the Sub 2000 and mags in the other. Grab an AR each on the way out and we are at least attempting to be prepared if any Zombies manage to beat the odds...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast