Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What are your bug out guns

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    Now that I work only 1.5 miles from home, I'll add what I'd grab if I had to leave home.

Many cases arise in my mind:
    1) A defensive scenario where safety is my first concern, I'd grab an AR and the GP100. Ammo-probably 210-280 rds for the AR, 24-36 .38/.357
    2) A "low profile" scenario where I don't want the fact that I'm armed to be known, then the choices are the TD 10/22 and GP100. Ammo-2-300 .22LR and 24-48 .38/.357
    3) Lastly a variety of hunting/self defense where conditions may change the firearm and ammo makeup. This could include anything from the firearms/ammo above to shotguns, centerfire rifles and/or rimfires and ammo accordingly.

Boolit Buddy
    Home bound. Not going anywhere. I live in the middle of woods with my own water supply, 3 power generators. 2 large freezers. Enough ammunition. I am able to reload, for each of the guns to shoot long range as well as short distance.
    If I have to go anywhere I have a diesel side by side with gun mounts and enough diesel storage on our property.
    I put in a garden every year, my wife cans as well as dehydrated the food. I smoke some of the game that I hunt to make it last.
    I don’t see a reason for my wife and I, to have to bug out.
    Unless I have to get more fuel. Then I would take the 357, and the 12 gauge Semiautomatic on the side by side.
    Last edited by Dekota56; 02-17-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    A body should have a base even if they are bugged out .

A thought to think . Most are good with a 22 RF for small game etc . I would put forward to consider using instead a 25 ACP . It's nearly identical in ballistics and occupy the same space and a fraction more weight .

I'm staying put I'm to fat and to slow to run an evac plan involves a modest truck hooked to bare essentials and being back home in 6 weeks or less .

Frankly if it's an apocalypse I've been the guy in muck boots with a shovel cleaning up enough messes . I don't believe I want to be here to mop up the next one .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I find these discussions interesting.

I live at my BOL. Have more guns, ammunition, and components than I will need if the ****...but I will be supplying my neighbors their needs. Only have food for a few months. But it will not last that long as I will share with neighbors.

I was a more rabid prepper until I became a believer. Planned on hoarding food and not sharing....thinking differently now. Not at the point I would share with “outsiders” and I hope Jesus will forgive for that.

So, if citiots invade, they will not be welcomed....they can leave in peace....or die trying to take from our community. Many will die if they choose that path. Have never killed a person....I can rationalize it...not sure how it will affect me. May need to kill kids...I think about that scene in American Sniper....but in this case, they will be starving....and I will be being greedy protecting our “stuff”....harder to deal with...at least for me. The American Sniper thing comes to mind because that is the role I would be taking.

Not sure I want to live long in a world like that.

Hopefully, if the ****, it occurs early in the winter. More people will die and at a faster rate from cold and starvation. Travel will be difficult in this region. I keep two sleds and 200+ gallons of fuel on hand.

IMHO, no matter where someone lives, bugging out is a dumb plan. Doing it alone is even dumber. Doing it with kids and/or old people the dumbest.

Hope we never need to find out
    My biggest fears are my neighbors. They smell me cooking food and they do not have any, well do the math. I also value my dogs above most people and they need to eat. I am not going anywhere since I have things here, but not at anyplace I might be going to.
    For self defense one will not need so much ammo. If you are in fire fights that require thousands of rounds, your chances of surviving are not good. My go to guns the pump 12 ga shotgun, AK-AR-or PTR91, and glock-1911-or S&W revolvers in caliber 38-357-or 44. They all work well.
    I have a quantity of .22 quiet ammo for my CZ452 rifle for hunting, but I am sure that all of the game quickly gets wiped out. I got fruit and nut trees, planted some cassava this year, and may plant some other root crops.

Boolit Master
    I live in the kind of place many plan to "Bug out" to so I wouldn't go anywhere. If I did have to chose one gun to travel and survive with maybe it would be the little CZ carbine in 7.62x39. Ammo isn't as light as 22 but it will get jobs done that a 22 can't. And like several have said, in that scenario most game would be gone or so wary that you'd hardly ever see so much as a squirrel. We've always had a garden so that would mean a lot for the food supply once the freezer of venison emptied out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456