Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: load data, Winchester WSF

Boolit Mold

load data, Winchester WSF

I went to the store because a friend said they FINALLY got some Titegroup there. But, by the time I got there, they were sold out. I've only been reloading for a couple of years and usually I take my reloading book with me to go buy powders, but didn't this time. So, I bought some WSF thinking I had seen it listed in my reloading book, but when I got home, it's just not listed that much in my Lyman 49th Edition. I checked on the internet and there just isn't very much info on this powder at all. Does anyone have any load data for this powder for a Makarov pistol with a .380 barrel and shooting a 110 grain lead boolit and another Makarov pistol with a 9mm Makarov barrel with shooting a 93 grain lead bullet? According to my burn chart rate, this might even be a good powder to use for when I get to the point of shooting cast boolits in my .308 rifle, but it isn't even listed there on those load charts either. Does anyone have any kind of load data on this? According to my reloading manual, there isn't even very much information on this powder being listed in the powder descriptions area. Thanks, Rick

Boolit Master
    5.5 grains WSF with the 93 grain cast boolit in the 9mm

Boolit Mold
    Hey, thanks RobS. I was reviewing my load book last night and I found one recepe for the .38 super auto with a 115 gr. boolit and it calls for 6.3 grains for a minimum load, so 5.5 seems reasonable. I was thinking that 6.3 grains would be a little on the heavy side and I was going to reduce this load, but wasn't real sure by how much. I still might reduce this a little more(maybe to 4.5) and work my way up, but this gives me a general idea. Hopefully, I can get groupings off of this powder. Powder is getting expensive and this was definately a learning experiance.

Banned
    Burn rate is very close to Herco. Pretty slow powder to use in a small case with a blowback gun. Decent enough in heavier bullet loads in 9x19, great in .38 Super.

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester has some data for wsf on their website.