Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: New! NOE 35 Thumper, 360-310 FN Active Group Buy Now!

New! NOE 35 Thumper, 360-310 FN Active Group Buy Now!

Here's a link to the new NOE 35 Thumper, 360-310 FN active group buy. This replaces the NEI 358 282 GC clone with a more modern and improved version.

Those that sign up during this NOE group buy will receive a 15 % discount on their mold. Sign ups are going fast, so get yours ordered right away.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1026.0.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N_O_E__Bullet_Moulds_360-310-FN_-GC-_310_gr_Sketch.jpg  

The minimum orders are in and the tooling has been ordered! Don't wait long if you'd like to get in on this group buy mold for a heavyweight .35 with a big ol' flat nose!

Banned

if he decides to do one with the middle drive band taken out let me know.
    I will buy the first one.

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like a thumper, sure enough. I get enough "thump" from 35 cal boolits 70-80 grns lighter. I know that's what my 35 Whelen was made for but TX critters just don't need that much killing.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    if he decides to do one with the middle drive band taken out let me know.
    I will buy the first one.
    There's one like that on the following thread that you might want to sign up for then...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...er-Cast-Bullet

Tx, I think the 35 Thumper would feed for you, too. I'd compare it to that 35 Thor bullets dimensions first though, to be sure. I'm glad you're interested!

Some confusion exists whether this bullet will stabilize in a 1 in 16 twist rifle. Using the following modified Greenhill Formula calculator, this bullet (1.219" long x .360" dia) will stabilize in a 35 Whelen with a 1 in 16 twist at 1800 FPS.

A 1 in 12 or 1 in 14 twist, 35 Whelen will easily stabilize it.

http://kwk.us/twist.html

LAST CALL!!! This is going on the mill next! Order now!

Boolit Grand Master

Stop it! I just left Al's site (379449's on the shelf!) and a few days ago my Cabela's Visa bill arrived via parcel post.
    I was studying that profile a few days ago, I'm not so sure it would help. I think I need to do more research and maybe invest in some gunsmithing services.
    I'll have to wait for the next time around. I've officially lost track of how many NOE moulds I have now but I know I have four, soon to be five, new moulds to work with and it's still not cool enough around here to do much casting.
    First cool front will probably entail a smelting session with my new NOE ingot moulds.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I don't know how you can wait to cast with a new mold! I think they need to be welcomed into the family as soon as they arrive!

I love smelting season! Those new NOE ingot molds will make some pretty ingots!

Boolit Grand Master

It's agonizing, trust me. Work and commuting is often exhausting and I have the usual housekeeping chores to take up much of my "spare" time.
    On top of that I've been doing a bit of estate administration for the last several years, had no idea what I was getting into but it's been a rewarding experience.

This group buy is now closed.

My molds are shipped and on the way! The anticipation is building! Can't wait!

For those that missed out, this is a regular inventory item on the shelf and ready for purchase.
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 09-26-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Looking forward to the range report, Yodogsandman.

I'm looking forward to a report as well. It is certainly a good looking boolit.

Received my molds today, 3 hours ago! Woo Hoo!! Cast some right away with COWW's + 2% Sn. Loaded a couple, sized and GC'd, in some dummy cases, a C.O.A.L. of 3.375" looks about right in my rifle. This engraves with about 1/4" lines all around the nose. At this length, the bottom of the top lube groove is even with the case mouth and the base is a little above the case neck and shoulder junction. The mold started throwing good ones after about 10 casts. I had washed it down with rubbing alcohol, lubed it up and heated to 375*F (air temp) on a #10 tin can covered hot plate. PID was set to 725*F and bullets dropped frosted with band diameters of .360".

I'll start another thread for range reports. Thanks for your encouragement and support, guys!