Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 311008 for deer...or, what is the largest animal you would shoot with this boolit?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Zero problem putting an 008 through both lungs on a whitetail. But then I rarely shoot farther than 40 yards,,,,,,mostly less than 20.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-20-ballistics
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

There is a good video on youtube called "25-20 WCF Rifle Deer Hunt 2013 Winchester Model 1892" guy shoots a doe with a 86 grain jacketed hollow point and gets a great through and through shot. That little bullet didn't know it wasn't suppose to be a deer capable round. I had an uncle that could kill darn near anything with a .22LR. Many white tail fell to his little model 62. It was all about placement and staying within your limits. Personally I would go with something heavier, but that is a refection of my abilities not the boolit.

Boolit Grand Master
    A lot depends on where you hunt. On my Uncle's farm back in Michigan, 80 yards was a looonng shot most where under 40--my Dad took a score of deer over the years with a cheap sears shotgun and buckshot. Where I hunt now, I could have a shot anywhere from 15 to 200 yards, with the average being closer to the farther distance. I would not take a 32-20, even though it is legal, no matter what boolit It had stuffed in the case.
    I have killed a coyote with my Browning 53 and an RCBS 32-98 SWC. It went through his ribs and tore up both lungs. It would do the same on a smallish whitetail.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I grew up with a six pointer's head on the dining room wall that Mom dropped with a Savage 32-20.
    We used to sneak it down and make it peak around corners to put the dog into spastic fits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123