Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: .375 JDJ cast bullet loads

Boolit Mold

.375 JDJ cast bullet loads

Hello all new to this site, it came highly recommended from a buddy of mine. Is anyone shooting cast out of .375 JDJ in a SSK Contender barrel? If so what bullet are you using and where can I get some? Just want them mainly for paper punching.
    Any info will be greatly appreciated. I did a search and found nothing.
    Thanks and happy shooting
    Mitch

Boolit Mold
    Can I ask again?
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    I'm unsure why your search didn't produce results. I just tried and got lots of hits.
    Slug your throat/neck and groove...Lots of info in the "Stickies" about that, and detailed info about how and why.

SSK had their own mould designs being cut years ago. I imagine they still do.... Walt, of NEI, did a bunch a long time ago.
    Try searching here again. There's plenty to read over.

Good luck.

Boolit Master
    I don't have a JDJ but do shoot a 375 winchester BB94. I think you are asking about buying bullets, can't really help there other that to post a "want to buy" in the buying and selling forum. But, if you are willing to cast, this mold is very inexpensive and casts a good boolit easily. It comes out about .379dia.
    http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/...old-379-250-rf
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

11 grains of unique over any cast 250-ish ( ish because honestly there's not much difference between 250- 255 grains and they may not cast that exact weight anyways depending upon alloy ) is both my fire forming load and my paper punching plinker load , seat to the lands for best results , you can work up a bit higher if you wish but i've found no need ( paper doesnt take much killing .... and the accuracy is there )
    for thumper loads suggest sticking to jacketed projectiles ( which data for abounds or can be had very very cheaply from ssk or in a few,notably hornady's, manuals ) , 4895 is the best powder for this with aa2520 coming in a very very close second
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for the replies.