RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Camp Stove.

Boolit Master

Old Camp Stove.

I am looking for name and information on an old camp stove . I have a leak in the tank i am fixing to put back into use but would like to know who made it The name is gone but the company logo it still on it. I would also like to know which fuel or fuels it was made for i smells a bit of diesel right now but was told it used gasoline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stove.jpg  
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Cedarberg Plumbers Fire Pot
    http://classiccampstoves.com/threads...-is-hot.17664/
    http://www.colemancollectorsforum.co...urnace-5978587
    The old stove is talked about in both links, the second link goes back to the first.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    firefly, to me that looks more like a plumber's melting pot than a camp stove. In either case it burns white gas which is bad news in any case. I was given one just like it several years ago and I quickly passed it on to someone who wanted to hang it up for decoration. Propane is much safer to deal with.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Red 333 thanks for the information you hit it right on.

Gopher Slayer white gas is low octane unleaded fuel modern gas will work fine even with ethanol in it.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Reading on further is says it uses kerosene.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Reading on further is says it uses kerosene.

That would explain the smell.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    When did white, now unleaded gas suddenly become dangerous. Heck, the gas we get these days is hard to light with a match.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Consign it to the dump and buy a fish/turkey fryer. Better /higher BTU concentration, less time to re-melt, more production, cleaner, cheaper on fuel.

banger

If you can be sure of fixing the leak on that old kerosene burner I would clean it up and use it. But I would stick with burning kerosene.

Sure propane might be easier and faster at times but that old kerosene burner can be used for many things other than just melting lead not to mention it is easy to transport instead of lugging a Propane bottle around and making sure the lines and valve is ok and yada yada yada.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Here is a post I put on the blog I share with Jim about my dad's old Kerosene stove.

https://floydpics.wordpress.com/2015...erosene-stove/
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Banned
    These folks can help you out: http://classiccampstoves.com/

Boolit Master
    When did unleaded gasoline become "white gas". I would not conflate those two ever!

Modern gasoline, if you can call it that, works excellent in white gas/Coleman fuel lanterns and stoves.
    If that is a kerosene stove though, stick with kerosene or #1 diesel.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    When did unleaded gasoline become "white gas". I would not conflate those two ever!
    Brent, you must be younger than I (as are most folks!). Way back, all gasoline was white (clear), and a blend of 2 or 3 fractions of the crude oil distillation process. Then it was discovered that the addition of tetra-ethyl lead increased the no-knock (pre-ignition) qualities, and better pre-ignition quality was cheaper to provide that way rather than using pure iso-octane that sat the standard for 100-octane. To indicate that the gasoline was adulterated this way it was required that if a producer introduced tetra-ethyl lead into their gasoline, they must also put in a red dye. Soon, ALL pump gasoline was 'leaded', some more than others, so all pump gasoline was 'red' - if one wanted 'white' gasoline (for their Coleman lantern, for example - leaded gasoline would clog things up), there was a separate pump, sometime in the back of the station, for 'white' gasoline. I think...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Huh. And I always thought "white gas" was naphtha, like Coleman fuel. I remember my grandfather buying white gas at a regular filling station when I was a kid but it wasn't gasoline. A quick look at the infallible Wikipedia agrees.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    firefly, to me that looks more like a plumber's melting pot than a camp stove. In either case it burns white gas which is bad news in any case. I was given one just like it several years ago and I quickly passed it on to someone who wanted to hang it up for decoration. Propane is much safer to deal with.
    Not trying to be ignorant, but why is propane so much safer? I always prefer the old style liquid fuels because they burn hotter especially when it's cold out.
    Last edited by zarrinvz24; 08-30-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    White gas is not unleaded gas, and anyone that advises people to use unleaded in place of white in a gas stove, esp. in an ancient stove known to leak. That's just not responsible. DO NOT USE GASOLINE OF ANY KIND IN THAT STOVE.

Boolit Master

I have one just like it.I burn coleman fuel,does a fine job of making coffee or melting lead.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Reminds me of the M1950 Squad Stove, issued by Uncle. It was intended to burn regular old gasoline, but will run on most anything that will burn. Being used by soldiers, I'm sure that they have been used with anything that will burn!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Echo, I know exactly what you are talking about, though I may not be quite as old as you. That said, white gas and unleaded gasoline of today are two wholly different animals and if you don't know that you can get hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast