Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I see Our Town has been taken over.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIII View Post
    So, some like polls, and some do not. Have I got that right? Lets see then, how about something like this:

People who like polls should vote and participate in the poll. People who don't like polls, ignore them.

How 'bout it?

OB
    Now, now. It's impolite in this day and age to recommend that people exercise a bit self control and make a CHOICE to look at something or not. The forum owner and mods need to protect them from themselves.

I look at it like this: I ignore the polls and read the threads that might interest me. The pollster has not been banned, and the polls have not been locked, which leads me to believe that they are fine with the ownership. Me not being the ownership, I mind my bidness and carry on about the rest of the forum.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Now, now. It's impolite in this day and age to recommend that people exercise a bit self control and make a CHOICE to look at something or not. The forum owner and mods need to protect them from themselves.

I look at it like this: I ignore the polls and read the threads that might interest me. The pollster has not been banned, and the polls have not been locked, which leads me to believe that they are fine with the ownership. Me not being the ownership, I mind my bidness and carry on about the rest of the forum.
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner folks!!!!
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

I used to suggest to people who have an uncontrollable desire to create polls to go to sodahead.com, but I just checked it and they have quit allowing polls by users and are selling their polling services to other companies these days. I guess we get the fallout from that.

Perma-Banned
    I would agree with the "just ignore the polls & read the posts that interest you" crowd. but, that in itself takes some doin' as just on the first three pages of Our Town there are about 40 "polls".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12