MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ANYONE sell modern Boxer 8mm Mauser ammo loaded to full potential?

Boolit Master
    No special moulds needed. There are some that people have come up with to make boolits specifically for PP, but it isn't necessary (and I have no knowledge of them myself). What I do is buy suitable boolits from a commercial caster, then size them, patch them, lube them and load them. For my M48, which has a groove dia. just a bit on the small side (about 0.3228"), I buy a 170 grain round nose/ flat point boolit, which was designed for the 32/40 or the 32 Winchester Special. I get them at 0.322" or 0.324" diameter. When paper-patching, you have to allow for the thickness of the paper (2 wraps)....which works out, in my case, to 0.010". So, first, I size my boolits down to 0.314"....then patch them. The finished product comes out at about 0.3245". As a final step, after lubing, I run them through a boolit sizing die that is just a bit smaller than 0.324". The final patched boolits are just about 0.324". They shoot wonderfully in my M48.

If you want to learn all about paper-patching.....fortunately, you've come to the right place. There is lots of good information here (check the smokeless paper-patching forum).....and many knowledgeable people also. I don't necessarily count myself as one of those, as I have only PP'd for the 8mm Mauser, but I can offer some minor help, here and there.

Banned

your gonna have the brass and dies and such anyway just load your own jacketed stuff.
    I use a rem-700 in 8 mauser for my bigger game stuff here [bull elk/moose]
    I just reload it to act like a bigger diameter 30-06.
    150 grs at 2750-2800 fps or so is as easy as reloading a 150gr bullet to 2750-2800 fps or so in any other cartridge.
    same powders your 0-6 uses too.
    why not? the 0-6 is a rip off of the 8 mauser anyway.

Boolit Master
    Probably hit or miss on some of the European stuff out there, have to buy some and try it to see. Anything US made is generally downloaded pretty bad. As said there is the off chance someone will try to stuff some modern ammo in an antique. You want full powered and soft point, better off loading it yourself.

The brass isn't nearly as hard to get as it once was, only reason I resorted to forming it from something esle was the other brass was free. I was only using it to salvage some of the Turkish stuff I bought, find them with cracked necks all the time. Save the powder, load it into a formed case. Good ammo, then I just use brass I have bought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12