Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: 480 Ruger/475 Linbaugh PP for rifle?....

Boolit Buddy

480 Ruger/475 Linbaugh PP for rifle?....

Looks like I've got a Ruger #1S 475 Linbaugh NIB coming my way. Zero experience with .475" bullets or undersize soft lead bullets to paper patch. I doubt many of these 475LB Rugers are 'out there' and even fewer have experimented with PP'ing the few bullets available.
    What have you heard?
    Thanks, and if you couldn't tell, I like 'odd ball' cartridges. Looks like maybe Ruger single shots are getting scarce, too.

Neat rifle! I had been thinking one of those would make a top notch whitetail rifle, especially with pure lead paperpatched boolits! Your best route will likely be with the Lee designs, and you'll need a custom size die to make them right for patching. Of course all the dimensions will be from your own rifle, once you get it. Best case will be if you don't need to resize the cases and are able to patch a boolit to be a slip fit in a fired case. My own 500 S&W rifle was that way - no dies needed, just reload the empties and keep going.

And since it's a 475, if you get bored with it you could always punch it out to a 470 Capstick. That ought to knock 'em flat on both ends!

Keep us posted on how it works out - you might be driving rifle buying lust again!

-Nobade

Boolit Buddy
    Well, at only 7 lbs.......470 Capstick might be.....a kicker!