WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 480 Ruger

Boolit Master

Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 480 Ruger

They must have shipped they are showing up on Gunbroker. I'm looking forward to adding another workhorse to the stable.

Boolit Grand Master

Gonna have to wait until the prices come down. But id love to have one some day. Any idea of how many Lipsey is having made?

Boolit Master
    1000 in 454 & 500 in 480 Ruger, both with 6 1/2" barrels & non fluted cylinders. The 480's will be gone very, very fast! The prices won't come down, if you want one you'd better figure out a way to make it happen, just saying!

Dick

Boolit Master
    Just scored one that had a decent "buy it now" price of $765 which I thought was just a tad high but beats waiting to see if the price comes down in the future.
    Kind of weird as I was watching a couple other auctions on Gunbrokers and people had bid one up to $900 and another to $825. Why they didn't click the buy it now button on this auction is beyond me.
    Must of been my lucky day.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 08-26-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Snowwolfe, both of those were already bid up before the one you snagged showed up, earlier one went for the buy it now of $929.
    Last edited by High Desert Hunter; 08-26-2015 at 02:05 AM.

Banned

WOW, my .475 BFR was $715 out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    How much would your BFR cost from the precision center in 480?

Man wish I could find BFRs in 475 for that kinda money! I missed out locally on one in 480 for $750 at a pawnshop of all places.

After getting my 454 Blackhawk and then a single seven this week, I'm tapped for gun money until the end of the year! Besides I want a shorty 480, will just have to save my pennies and have one built.
    -Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by odis View Post
    How much would your BFR cost from the precision center in 480?

Hmmmmmm....I have a precision center .475 BFR that I might not shoot as much once I get the .480. Hmmmmm

Asked my LGS to try to order one day after they were announced. Hope I got on the list in time. If only 500 being made 1st run almost be a shame to shoot it.......

Naaaah, time to check the H110 supply

Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Has anybody actually put their hands on one? All my local Lipsey's dealers say they are on their wish list, but haven't been released/shipped yet and they don't even know if they can get one.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    And you bought this how long ago?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AK Caster View Post
    And you bought this how long ago?
    Maybe 3 years. They were not selling good and were on sale at distributors. My friend is a dealer and found it. Nobody knew what a fantastic gun it is. The .475 was hiding in the shadows.
    Actually not many knew what the BFR was about.
    I got the 45-70 below list from a gun shop too. You don't want to know what my precision shop .500 JRH cost. I will not tell you.

Boolit Master
    Several people have received the new Ruger 480 Bisley in the last couple of days. Some also received a 454 in a 480 box! Thats been corrected but a few folks got a real surprise!

Dick

Boolit Master
    Maybe 3 years. They were not selling good and were on sale at distributors. My friend is a dealer and found it. Nobody knew what a fantastic gun it is. The .475 was hiding in the shadows.
    Actually not many knew what the BFR was about.
    I got the 45-70 below list from a gun shop too. You don't want to know what my precision shop .500 JRH cost. I will not tell you.
    Your right, people could care less what your 500 JRH cost you.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 08-28-2015 at 06:49 PM.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    Has anybody actually put their hands on one? All my local Lipsey's dealers say they are on their wish list, but haven't been released/shipped yet and they don't even know if they can get one.
    Three guys on the single action forum posted they have them.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    I'm with 44 man hold on the price will come down and in the mean time go and get BFR as well made and as nice a gun as the Rugers are these days.

Boolit Master
    If you can live with the plow handle grip the BFR is like a Ruger on steroids. Opinions vary but mine is the BFR is a much better revolver than the Ruger. And when you compare the current cost of the BFR against the new Ruger Bisleys in 454 and 480 it makes the BFR that much of a better deal. My downfall is I cant live with the plow handle on any revolver with a big bite. So any BFR purchase would have to be shipped to Jack Huntington for him to do his grip modification. Been awhile since I had him do one but guess that would cost $400 or so with shipping included.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    The BFRs are tight I only own the 30-30 right now and that gun does not recoil at all. I would agree that grip design is not the best for heavy recoil though. Now I am not huge fan of the Bisley style grip frame it really beats the heck out of my middle finger and I do not like the gun rolling up in my hand either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    The BFRs are tight I only own the 30-30 right now and that gun does not recoil at all. I would agree that grip design is not the best for heavy recoil though. Now I am not huge fan of the Bisley style grip frame it really beats the heck out of my middle finger and I do not like the gun rolling up in my hand either.
    That's what happens to me but I have held the Huntington conversion and it felt great but I never had a chance to shoot it. The Ruger is different but i sold mine after two weeks.
    Watching the prices of Rugers get close to a BFR kind of sucks too. I think back about what my SRH cost and wish I had it back. They have tripled in price.
    My first flat top was $96 and the 29 was $140. Look what a Smiff is going for now.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast