Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Single stage press question

Boolit Mold
    The auto indexing is an improvement for me. I can keep the right hand on the handle and the left hand is free for the brass, bullets and priming (using the safety primer). The indexing can be easily disabled for die setup which is a nice option with the Lee press. With components organized near the press, the run rate is improved over manually indexing the turret. However I am not a speed demon and I always pause to peek at the powder level. - Phil

Boolit Master
    I am in the exact same situation as the original poster. Got a blue progressive and figured I'd never be looking back. Looking at both the classic cast and (since reading this thread) the turret. Probably will just stick with single stage though. I have a question: I've got a pile of RCBS shellholders. Will they fit the Lee ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
    I have a question: I've got a pile of RCBS shellholders. Will they fit the Lee ram?
    Current shellholders are all "standard". Lee, Lyman, RCBS, Redding, all interchangable.
    Yance
    Fariview, NC

http://outawaysforge.wordpress.com/

http://www.thefcbg.org/

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

Boolit Mold

turret press

I have had a turret press long enough to have bought one as a kit with a hard maple box to mount it to... even bought the conversion kit to turn it to the auto index when they offered it. that's a while back....
    But if I were starting over and was to buy a new press I would buy a classic from lee first and then probably jump into a turret after a while mainly for pistol calibers.
    I still use a old herters press for a lot of rifle calibers I load and use the turret for pistol calibers. odd, but that's just me.
    bottom line is I would get a classic press from lee, either new or used from whatever auction or shop I happenned to be in that had one for sale...
    1 vote for the classic press here....
    Good luck!

Boolit Mold
    have had a bonanza coax for quite awhile and really like it.

Boolit Bub
    I have been reloading for a long long time, and in that time i've used many different presses, i still own several...

In the late 70's, i bought a Bonanza Co-ax and to this day it's still my favorite press of all time. I liked it so much i bought a second one to have as a spare, but i can't wear out the first one.

Durning my ammo mfg./case forming days, i relyed on my Rock Chucker for case forming duties. The RC is one of the best press's of that type i've ever used, and i still have one.

Durning my bonded bullet mfg. days, i used a RCBS Big Max to form the copper tubeing. It's one heck of a press for those duties, and i still have it too.

I still have 7 or 8 other presses around too, but the Forester is by far my press of choise!! BUT, if i could only have one press, and it had to do everything, it would be a Rock Chucker...

DM

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shotman View Post
    how many of you on here have or have used a Lyman All American i have 4 and one has loaded many 100 thousand rounds is still tight shotman/rick
    ive got one.
    and a classic cast
    and a dillon.

Boolit Master
    Don't forget about the "other" green press.. Redding..
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?