Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thieves

In Remembrance

Thieves

Well yesterday my wife calls me and ask if for some reason had I come got the pickup. She didn't know it, but I had left on a run and wouldn't be back till 1 in the morning or so, it just happenned that I was in a small area (maybe 10 miles that had cell service when she called), so I told her I would call her back when I got to Delta. Welll we were hopeing that one of her employees or co workers had played a joke and hid it, but no luck there. Within the hour my son and daughter and their spouses hit facebook, and had somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 people out driving around looking for it. My son got a call and said it was spotted at a high rate of speed on the dike, so everyone headed for the area, and found it off the road, stuck after it had gone about 50 feet through a thick stand of small trees. Not a whole lot of damage, other than a bent steering stabilizer shock and the bumper, didn't even break the old school hellas mounted behind the pushbar.

They had taken the stereo (naturally) and I just noticed my AMMO is gone out of the console. I keep , 22 mag, 30/30,338 mag45/70, 44 mag,357 mag and 375 mag in it at all times, so that I am never caught without ammo for whatever I happen to throw in.
    The suckers got quite a variety, but only one box of each.
    Did I mention I hate thieves.

Boolit Buddy

Boy howdy ! They should be glad you didnt catch em. Hope they run their mouths and you hear who did it. Never understood the mindset really.I hate em too. sorry they dinged ya

Moderator Emeritus

Joyriding kids... some people should not be allowed to be parents...

Hope the little rascal feels the pain. Sure it was hellava stop.

Boolit Master
    I hate sticky finger iddie.

I always say what comes around goes around. With my luck I would not use that ammo for fear of paying a high price, like the gun getting jammed up or blowing it up.

In Remembrance
    Well the steering was bad when you turned to the right, but I lucked out and all that was was a broken stabilizer shock. A new rancho cured that right up.
    Since the thief was kind enough to LOCK it up and keep the key, I guess he was afraid someone would steal it. I changed out the key cylinder, to maybe keep him from stealing it again. lol
    The damage to the bumper turned out to just be all the plastic clips that holds the plastic covers on it.
    There is a small ding in the bed, and a small ding in the running board, neither of which I will worry about, but the front license plate was doa, so all in all, I'm only out 200 bucks so far, but still have to replace the stereo.

little brat or thug get his butt in a sling if he aint careful.

Boolit Master
    I got a Kenwood digital everything that automatically connects the phone for under $150. Going to get another for the truck. Awesome update for any vehicle with prehistoric factory audio. Less than the cost of 1 tire.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Dang, I hate things like that, you seem to be taking it fairly well, I had 10 gallons of gas stolen back when the price was $2.10, never realized I could get so pissed over $21 bucks, course there was the cost of the cans.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I hate thieves!!!!! Glad you got your truck back.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Dang, I hate things like that, you seem to be taking it fairly well, I had 10 gallons of gas stolen back when the price was $2.10, never realized I could get so pissed over $21 bucks, course there was the cost of the cans.
    Oh belive me, I was plenty pissed, but happy to get the pickup back, just nothing else to do but laugh about it.

Hmmmm....
    Maybe I should load some of that old brass with a case full of Bullseye, and leave it on the dash for 'Em.
    But then, maybe not.

Boolit Master

I have a very bad opinion of thieves. What makes someone think that they have a right to take someone else's stuff?!? I would rather give away $100 than have $10 stolen.

On the other hand I recently made a similar comment to a work acquaintance and he looked at me like I was crazy. He made some comment along the lines of how if someone doesn't want something stolen they should lock it up so it can't be stolen; If something's in a place where someone can steal it, it's fair game and the owner shouldn't be upset that it get taken.

I suspect that some cultures have a much higher tolerance for theft and crime in general. Personally I had it pounded into my psyche from the time I was very young that you don't take what doesn't belong to you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I have a very bad opinion of thieves. What makes someone think that they have a right to take someone else's stuff?!? I would rather give away $100 than have $10 stolen.

On the other hand I recently made a similar comment to a work acquaintance and he looked at me like I was crazy. He made some comment along the lines of how if someone doesn't want something stolen they should lock it up so it can't be stolen; If something's in a place where someone can steal it, it's fair game and the owner shouldn't be upset that it get taken.

I suspect that some cultures have a much higher tolerance for theft and crime in general. Personally I had it pounded into my psyche from the time I was very young that you don't take what doesn't belong to you.
    Your work acquaintance is likely a recreational drug user. That attitude seems to go hand in hand with illegal drug usage. If he knows you are a shooter then your guns are at risk of theft. If he doesn't take part in the theft, he will likely tell his doper friends about how guns can be stolen at your house.

Taught to never steal and never lie for you will always be considered a thief and a liar. Right around the time I was taught to never raise a hand at a girl. Pretty much before had a clue what it meant.

I ratted out thieves when I was a kid. A couple asked if I did it, told them yes. We met up under the maple tree and fought over it. No regrets.

I hate thieves. Have learned to listen to liars, they usually show their true colors pretty quick.
    Last edited by ol skool; 08-25-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master
    a truism about liars is that it takes ten lies to cover for every lie one tells...before long they can't keep the web of lies straight! as said above, it doesn't take long for a liar to show their true nature...sadly, we have an entire generation that appears to be drawn to, and in by, liars. that's how we ended up in the political mess we are in as a country!!!

Boolit Master
    Didn't read all of the replies, but did anyone mention that you should be looking for them to come back for the guns that use all that ammo?

Thieves often strike the same place twice.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Didn't read all of the replies, but did anyone mention that you should be looking for them to come back for the guns that use all that ammo?

Thieves often strike the same place twice.
    Ha, we can only hope. lol
    But then they got the pickup at my wifes job, not at home.

In Remembrance
    I didn't even notice it untill my wife pointed it out today, but they also took the plastic bed side covers off. lol
    It saved me the trouble, as just last week I decided to remove them and build a headache rack with metal rails, so as to have better tiedown points.

Boolit Master
    starmac,
    If your registration was in your truck, they may know your address.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast