Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: .0065 gas check

.0065 gas check

So I'm at the swap meet a couple weeks ago and an old guy there has a table full of old Lee molds for sale. I take a look and see a mold I could use. As I'm checking out the mold he states that if I buy 2 he will sweeten the deal. So I look a little harder and find a C-358-158-SWC single cavity. I've been thinking about getting a NOE HP mold so I get it to practice with. I've always cast PB bullets, so I have no experience with gas checks. I check out the Vulcan site because he is a member, and they have a fit calculator. Measure and punch in the numbers answer is .0065 gas check. Lowest size on the site is .010. Can I use a .010 gas check? Which material would be better for that tight squeeze if I do? Plan on using for .357 Mag
    Thanks
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Boho, generally go with the closest size you can get. Try not to go under because the fit will be very tight.

We can do some custom checks as thin as 0.078. Might be a little closer to what you are looking for. 0.065 is quite thin. I would probably avoid something that thin.

We do sample packs and can get you some samples to try out. If you are interested in trying the 0.078 feel free to leave a comment on the order page and we can try to help out.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know.
    John

Thanks John! Man you just gotta love this site! Post NOE questions, Al chimes in with an answer. Post Vulcan questions you get an answer from John. Pretty special thing we got here!
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

We do what we can. Having been in your shoes on other things I know the suspense on waiting for an answer to a question. We definitely what to keep everyone happy and shooting!
    John