RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Jim Dubell of Clear Water Reboring passed

Jim Dubell of Clear Water Reboring passed

Jim Dubell of Clear Water Reboring has passed. I spoke to his Father-N-Law today and he said he passed away 8 July. It was just a day or two before that that I spoke with him.

Steve..........
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member

James "Jim" Dubell

Obituary | Condolences - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sta....vSnBGcpy.dpuf

James (Jim) Richard Dubell was husband to Becky for 39 years, dad to Darcy with husband Raymon McNiven of Spokane, dad to Jamie with husband Dan David of Fairbanks, and grandpa to Brenden McNiven and soon to be J.J. David. Family, the most important feature in his life, defined who he was.
    Jim passed away on July 8, 2015 at the age of 59, due to complications following successful back surgery.
    In 1959, Jim's family homesteaded to Delta Junction, Alaska, from New Jersey. After a 31-day road trip, the Dubell family settled into the Alaskan life, where Jim learned how to hunt, fish, trap and live with a family of five in very close quarters. At the age of 11, Jim earned money for his first Honda working in the original Delta Gun Shop with his dad, Dick Dubell. At the age of 59, he was still working at the Delta Gun Shop, this time earning money for motorcycle trips with Becky, his favorite pastime.
    As a husband, dad, grandpa, brother, friend and quiet man, Jim will be missed by many. He was a registered Metalsmith with the American Custom Gunmakers' Guild, a master gunsmith, a competition rifle shooter with the Hunters Pistol and Rifle Club and an avid motorcycle rider on his 1987 1200 Honda Goldwing with Becky on the back seat as often as possible.
    Jim was preceded in death by his father and mother, Dick and Jo Dubell.
    Surviving siblings are sister Barb with husband Jeff McElhinney of Colville; brother Skip with wife Brendan Dubell of Colville; sister Bonny with husband Barry Redford in Hawaii; and sister Bambi with husband Robin Hodges in Florida, and numerous nieces and one nephew.
    A memorial service for Mr. James (Jim) Dubell will be held at a later date.
    In lieu of flowers, the family would prefer you share any memories that you have of Jim via mail to 989 Bear Creek Road, Colville, WA 99114.
    You are welcome to make any charitable contributions to the local organization of your choice.
    Please visit the on-line memorial and sign the guestbook at www.danekasfuneralchapel.com.
    Danekas Funeral Chapel & Crematory is entrusted with the arrangements.

Published in The Statesman Examiner on July 16, 2015 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sta....vSnBGcpy.dpuf
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Mold
    In about 2010 I took my grandfather's old #1 Remington rolling block sporter to Jim to have it refurbished. It was in scrap condition when I delivered it to him in person. I wanted deliver it in person so I could meet him. I did that because I and the smith I selected were going to have a long term relationship getting this rifle rebuilt.

I told him that money was not a huge consideration. I wanted it done right. He took a draw file to the rusted surfaces on the 140 year old tapered octagon barrel and the receiver, and made the edges sharp and cleaned up the surfaces. He bored the 28" barrel and lined it with a TJ's liner in .357 cal. We chambered the rifle for .38spc/.357mag. He had the receiver rehardened and case colored. I had him ship it to me in the white and I fitted a new set of wood on it from Treebone Carving. Quarter sawn walnut with a nice grain to it.

I shipped it back to him for final finishing and assembly. The rifle came out every bit as nice as I had hoped for, and it is a joy to shoot.

Through all of this, Jim put up with my weekly phone calls, my worry about details, and he was just an all around nice guy. I'm proud to have known him and proud to have chosen him to do my rifle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RRBRestore-RtFullsm.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	173033