RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I'm not sure if I have a problem or not . . .

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not . . .

I really enjoy it when the grandchildren visit but my youngest, Anderson who is just 22 months old, has me a bit worried. He likes to shoot my guns while I'm at the office and thinks I won't notice because he reloads the spent brass before I get home. I was a few minutes early today and caught him working on some 357 magnums with semi-wadcutters. . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4961.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	146584

Boolit Buddy
    Startem young and trainem right.

Boolit Master

Attachment 146587 my granddaughter,she was about 2 then..I think.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Buddy
    My step grandkids always wanted pawpaw to teach them how to shoot then clean the guns but their liberal minded parental units and Nana had other thoughts on the subject. I say you guys keep it up with those younguns and they will have many precious memories of the time they spend with you for many years to come.

Boolit Master
    LOL just make sure they wash. I have my wash three times.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    My kids and grands are coming along nicely I even converted a city boy to a hunter . Libs oh how I love (loathe) my oldest DIL smart but no sense at all .....

Start them when you can sneak it in every chance you get !
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Banned

well he is a BYU cougars fan.
    that would splain a few things about his gun obsession.

Boolit Master
    I have no complaints. My oldest son who is a freshman in college hunts, shoots and even reloads his own ammo sometimes. His first official rifle purchase when he turned 18 was a CMP M1 Garand.

His younger brother is more into Xbox than hunting but is captain of his high school rifle teem. He doesn't go to the range with us every time we go but when he does he very often out shoots us. LOL

Motor

Banned

Wow! They still have rifle teams in high school in WV? Excellent! I thought that those disappeared in the 60's. I used to shoot in the gym in a small town in Minnesota in the 60's.

Boolit Master

Keep up the good work! Maybe someday you'll be shooting her reloads.
    jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Wow! They still have rifle teams in high school in WV? Excellent! I thought that those disappeared in the 60's. I used to shoot in the gym in a small town in Minnesota in the 60's.
    Yes. They use air rifles. It's Jr ROTC. Rifle teem participation is also how my oldest son qualified for the Garand purchase through the CMP.

Motor

Boolit Grand Master

You don't have no problem ! Good reloading buddies don't grow on tree's....
    Great post, brought back a lot of memories of my little ones "helping" in the reloading room.
    Gary

Banned
    I realized how handy a young pair of eyes can be to have around.

My 7 year old grandson was leaning on my reloading table watching me and talking about stuff. The ram on my press got stuck in mid stroke and as I looked around for my reading glasses he says "Papa, there's a primer stuck in there".

Awesome

Boolit Master

Somewhere a group of liberals are frothing at the mouth on how these poor kids are being brain washed and being turned into future mass-murderers.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Precious moments to be cherished forever!

My eldest son fire his first shots when he was four. It was only a 22lr revolver but even so, he shot it! He held it with two hands and I held my hand real close as backup. He shot my scoped mini 14 at six years old and hit his target! He must have been around eight when I let him shoot my 12ga. He wasn't big at all but he was rather strong. Sadly, that interest faded.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    Precious moments to be cherished forever!

My eldest son fire his first shots when he was four. It was only a 22lr revolver but even so, he shot it! He held it with two hands and I held my hand real close as backup. He shot my scoped mini 14 at six years old and hit his target! He must have been around eight when I let him shoot my 12ga. He wasn't big at all but he was rather strong. Sadly, that interest faded.
    Precious moments indeed.

Not having kids of my own I help others kids whenever opportunity presents itself. A few years ago I noticed a pair of twin boys watching their older siblings/relatives shooting at the range and when I asked why they don't let the boys try I was told they could not handle the recoil from a 9mm. I asked the boys if they wanted to try my "Dirty Harry" M29 and assured them the recoil was light because the gun is heavy. They accepted and were all smiles after. Then I offered it to one of the relatives to shoot and the offer was accepted. What they and their relatives did not know was that I had loaded it with quite anemic 44SPL for the twins but loaded full-house for the relative. The laughter and smiles all around was a pleasure to experience.

This past whitewing season I had the pleasure of helping these boys getting started in hunting and they both will be joining me on opening weekend this September. Sunflower stands are good and much doves are around already. Can't wait!
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    When the kids visit some of them want to help Papa "make bullets" so down to the reloading area we go and they are off at the press taking turns depriming 9mm or whatever I happen to have an abundance of! It is a great time! The 4 y.o. Tommy wanted to "really make some" this summer while he and his parents were visiting so each evening we did another step in the process. He was so excited to to take one home, without primer and powder and show it off to folks. Oh yeah and wash up good afterwards. Joe
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations