Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: lead score

Boolit Buddy

lead score

Father in law just gave me almost 15 gallons of wheel weights that have been in his garage for 25 years. He brought them down from new york. I might have the only remaining lead weights from new york/the island to be made into boolits. If it doesnt rain tomorrow i'm going to try to convert them into ingots. No sorting required.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Buddy
    You are a lucky man to have a father in law like him. Good for you.

Boolit Buddy
    Cool. Sounds great.

Boolit Grand Master

Congrats on the Score. But, Beware! I was finding some Zinc wheelweights about that time. You should sort them to avoid contamination.

Sort or keep the temperature low enough to not melt zinc. I prefer sorting with diagonal cutters but either one will work.

Just make sure your father in law doesn't take the empty bucket back without the environmental paperwork or any of the cast boolits. Way too dangerous for New York for mere mortals don't you know.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Today looks good for the smelt. Didn't see anything that resembled a zinc weight or even iron and I hand transferred 2/3's of the bucket to other buckets by hand. I do try to keep the temp down but it is with a plumbers furnace and a large home made pot so hopefully no zinc.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector