Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: How to get help with a factory new gun with problems

Boolit Mold

How to get help with a factory new gun with problems

I have been a reader of this site for some time now and finally decided to join and offer some advice for those who are having trouble with a new gun. First I am not trying to plug my company here but we sell thousands of guns every year and I buy a lot of them my self to keep. Lost track of how many in my personal collection. I also buy from competitors when they have some thing special I want. After dealing with many customers and gun manufacturers I have found the best ways to get help. First despite what so many people write about manufacturers or retailers not helping them, I find that it hard to believe because I deal with customers and I deal with the manufacturers on daily bases. The most important thing to remember when asking for help is to be polite and give them a chance to help. We have customers that will just start yelling at our staff before they have a chance to figure out what the problem is. When that happens these customer service people are just human and you come across the wrong way, they are not going to go out of their way to help you if you are yelling t them. But if you are really looking for help and work with the staff, they will go above and beyond to handle your problem. Now keep in mine that for legal reasons once you take possession of a new gun, you generally can't return it with few exceptions. It's not that the dealer is not willing to but there is serious liability issues here , The industry standard is all gun sales are final. Even though that is our policy too. We have made exception. If you have a problem with a new gun all dealers usually will help you get in touch with the manufacturer or contact them on your behalf. We certainly do. Not every new gun is perfect no matter who the manufacturer is. But every manufacturer I have dealt with, and that would be most of them, are more then willing to send you replacement missing, defective or broken parts. If your gun requires factory service they will help you send it in. I return a personal gun to a manufacturer at least once a year including a double rifle in 500 NE I paid over $10,000.00 for and the seller who sold it to me new could not take it back. Sure I was not happy putting out that much cash and then have to send it to the manufacturer, but it happens and you just have to deal with it. In this case, I wanted help fast so I was extremely nice to them letting know how disappointed I was but that I really appreciate what ever help they could give. They were great and I got the rifle repaired and back perfect. Here is where so many people go wrong. If you are abusive or demanding with your call for service, you are going to get little or no help. The trick is to make the person on the phone feel like the really made your day. It really works very good. I have read many complaints about the service at EAA and Turas. I have dealt with both of these companies many times and i always get great help. Stoeger sent me parts free of charge with out a problem too. Last year I blew several primer out on my 22-250 in WY at 5,000 ft. Where I live at about 300 above sea level the pressure was fine but up that high, I blew 5 primers in one day and damaged the bolt. Now every one knows that the gun manufacturers claim they don't warranty guns used with handloads. But Savage was great, they had me send my bold in and 10 days later i had it back good as new with no charge. They clearly did not have to do that. But that has been my typical experience. If you buy a gun from my company and have an issue with it, we will certainly do every thing we can to make it right. If you have an issue with one of my employees then ask for the boss. I know how personal a gun purchase is and I know how you feel if there is an issue. It truly is important to me that you are happy with your new gun. I also believe that most of my competitors feel the same way I do. An example of a gun we took back last year was a Taurus revolver that was stamped the wrong caliber, not only that but the caliber of the cylinder was different then the caliber of the barrel. We don't open sealed gun boxes, we go off the bar code serial number on the box. So we had no ideal when we shipped it. We called the factory and they could not explain it and we accepted the gun back for a full refund, we ate the shipping and sent it back to Taurus. Well that's about it my fellow shooters. Enjoys your guns as long as you can before our government tries to take them again. Gordon Marsh, CEO Wholesale Hunter
    Last edited by Big-Bore; 08-08-2015 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo's

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the forum Gordon.

You have some useful advice but with 882 words in a single paragraph it is rather difficult to read and follow.

Moderator Emeritus

Awesome first post.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remembrance
    As the old saying goes " You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar " usually applies to more than catching flies. Nice first post and welcome aboard. Iron Whittler

Boolit Mold
    To my friends here. If you are having trouble getting help from the factory with a new gun. Please feel free to reach out to me for help. Even if you did not buy the gun from me, l ' ll be glad to assist you with the manufacturer. I have very strong business relations with most of the major distributors and I have open channels that the public does not have. No manufacturer wants bad PR. If you know how to work them, you can really have good results. I am an expert at that. Some times to give a company an extra push I'll let them know I will a good review of for Their great service.

Welcome to the forum Big-Bore, quite a first post.
    We appreciate your sharing your experience with us.
    Is this your company?
    http://www.wholesalehunter.com/
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bore View Post

I have been a reader of this site for some time now and finally decided to join and offer some advice for those who are having trouble with a new gun.

First I am not trying to plug my company here but we sell thousands of guns every year and I buy a lot of them my self to keep.

(I've) Lost track of how many in my personal collection.
    I also buy from competitors when they have some thing special I want.
    After dealing with many customers and gun manufacturers I have found the best ways to get help.

First, despite what so many people write about manufacturers or retailers not helping them, I find that it hard to believe because I deal with customers and I deal with the manufacturers on daily bases.
    The most important thing to remember when asking for help is to be polite and give them a chance to help.

We have customers that will just start yelling at our staff before they have a chance to figure out what the problem is.

When that happens, these customer service people are just human, and you come across the wrong way, they are not going to go out of their way to help you if you are yelling t them; But if you are really looking for help and work with the staff, they will go above and beyond to handle your problem.

Now keep in mine that for legal reasons once you take possession of a new gun, you generally can't return it with few exceptions.
    It's not that the dealer is not willing to but there is serious liability issues here

The industry standard is all gun sales are final.
    Even though that is our policy too. We have made exception.

If you have a problem with a new gun all dealers usually will help you get in touch with the manufacturer or contact them on your behalf. We certainly do.

Not every new gun is perfect no matter who the manufacturer is. But every manufacturer I have dealt with, and that would be most of them, are more then willing to send you replacement missing, defective or broken parts.

If your gun requires factory service they will help you send it in.

I return a personal gun to a manufacturer at least once a year including a double rifle in 500 NE I paid over $10,000.00 for and the seller who sold it to me new could not take it back.
    Sure I was not happy putting out that much cash and then have to send it to the manufacturer, but it happens and you just have to deal with it.
    In this case, I wanted help fast so I was extremely nice to them letting know how disappointed I was but that I really appreciate what ever help they could give.

They were great and I got the rifle repaired and back perfect.

Here is where so many people go wrong.
    If you are abusive or demanding with your call for service, you are going to get little or no help.

The trick is to make the person on the phone feel like the really made your day. It really works very good.

I have read many complaints about the service at EAA and Turas.
    I have dealt with both of these companies many times and i always get great help.
    Stoeger sent me parts free of charge with out a problem too.

Last year I blew several primer out on my 22-250 in WY at 5,000 ft. Where I live at about 300 above sea level the pressure was fine but up that high, I blew 5 primers in one day and damaged the bolt.

Now every one knows that the gun manufacturers claim they don't warranty guns used with handloads; But Savage was great, they had me send my bold in and 10 days later i had it back good as new with no charge. They clearly did not have to do that.
    But that has been my typical experience.

If you buy a gun from my company and have an issue with it, we will certainly do every thing we can to make it right.

If you have an issue with one of my employees then ask for the boss.
    I know how personal a gun purchase is and I know how you feel if there is an issue.
    It truly is important to me that you are happy with your new gun.
    I also believe that most of my competitors feel the same way I do.

An example of a gun we took back last year was a Taurus revolver that was stamped the wrong caliber, not only that but the caliber of the cylinder was different then the caliber of the barrel.
    We don't open sealed gun boxes, we go off the bar code serial number on the box. So we had no ideal when we shipped it.
    We called the factory and they could not explain it and we accepted the gun back for a full refund, we ate the shipping and sent it back to Taurus.

Well that's about it my fellow shooters.

Enjoys your guns as long as you can before our government tries to take them again.

Gordon Marsh, CEO Wholesale Hunter

Phew ! - Welcome, and Thanks !

Boolit Mold
    Yes Wholesale Hunter is one of the companies I own. I'm not trying to plug my company. I just want to offer helpful advise to any one having trouble with a new gun purchase. I know how upsetting it can be to buy a new gun and have a problem. If readers are unable to get help, then you are welcome to call on me for advise or help. We have the contact information listed on our site for just about every gun manufacturer and importer in the US.

welcome aboard and a great first post no one wants to help a screamer... just makes good sense , people want to help kind people ..
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368