Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Just ordered a new LBT mold

Boolit Master

Just ordered a new LBT mold

I talked to LBT molds today and placed an order. He said he usually got the molds out in a week or so. He only takes, cash, check or money orders...no credit cards. That must affect sales a bit in this day and age.

Anyway, I ordered a .459, 350gr .8 ogive spitzer with a gas check base. It is a multiple lube groove design so it should work well with smokeless powder as well as black powder. LBT said that it would have a BC better than most lead bullets. I also specified that i would be using hard lead, such as linotype.

I also ordered a matching top punch for $10.00 as there is no way I had one that would fit a pointy spitzer.

I also ordered some of LBT's bullet lube as he seemed particularly high on it. It was reasonably priced at $3.50 a stick. The mosl was competitively priced at $125.00 plus $10.00 shipping all of it.

This is a pretty unique design for me and I'm hoping it works well in my Lyman 1878 chambered in 450 Nitro Express project. I'm sure I can easily push it to 2000 fps or so at very low pressure.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

LBT blue is a fine lube. It has lanolin in it and is a bit tacky compared to some. I started out using this and had stellar results but switched over to RandyRats Tac X. His molds are top notch. You'll love it if you've never used a top quality mold.

In Remembrance

With the ability of `hackers` to do their devilment over the phone lines to business systems besides people giving fake or expired credit card info, I don`t blame LBT for their cash policies.Robert

Boolit Buddy

I was very satisfied with his molds. Top quality and casts the exact bullet I wanted. A lot of knowledge in that man. I just sent a check with my order. No muss no fuss.

And if you haven't added Veral's "Jacketed Performance with Cast Bullets" to your shooting library, you are really missing a treasure trove of information.....and from a chap who seems to "experiment" as opposed to simply "opine".
    The link to his book is ........... http://lbtmolds.com/books.shtml The book is not fancy, but that won't bother you when you get into it. BTW, Veral shoots straight from the hip, he does not coddle the reader, but at his age and life experience, he doesn't need to.

Boolit Master
    dmitch, thanks for the heads up about the book...I was able to stop my wife from mailing the order and I added the book. It sounds like that's something I really should read.
    [

Veral's molds are top notch. I had problems with getting my 77/357 to shoot. A call to Veral and then ordering a mold and a lapping kit from him solved the problem. The book is also good reading. Let us know about your results with the new mold.

Boolit Master
    Will report on in, first how it shoots through my 45/70 and then out of my 450 NE when it's done. It's definitely not the normal bullet shape I've come to use in the past. Almost all I have are sort of flat nosed. This being a a long ogive spitzer is certainly nothing I've shot before. I'm hoping the accuracy is still good while providing a bit better BC. Hey, it's worth a chance...
    [

I'd appreciate it if you would post some pics of the mold and bullets when you get it. I don't have any LBT molds and I want to fix that. I could use another good .459" bullet mold.

Just purchased two LBTmolds for the first time, a 250 grain .44 Mag, and a 124 grain 9 x18 Mak. They drop the diameter you specify with the alloy you choose, and the boolits fall out of the mold with little help. I believe Veral IS LBT, so I can understand he does not have time to fool with credit card/internet orders. The LBT harness tester is extremely useful and easy to use. He does answer Emails within 24 hours if you have questions. Lapping kits are also very effective.

Boolit Master
    His designs are top notch esp. for hunting, he does not believe in "bore riders", which can cause some problems requiring very deep seating of bullet into the case. I have a 200 gr. spitzer from him that can't be used in any of my .30 cals. He wrote the book on the WFN, LFN, etc. designs which for me are the best hunting bullets.