63 3.76%
  • 81-85

15 0.89%
  • OLDER THEN 85

7 0.42%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of boolit casters

Boolit Buddy
    I’m 27, there’s very few young people getting in to cast bullets because all the old casters want all the lead for them selves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastleo View Post
    I’m 27, there’s very few young people getting in to cast bullets because all the old casters want all the lead for them selves.
    LOL... Funny! Should have put that in the "purple font"...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    LOL... Funny! Should have put that in the "purple font"...
    Didn’t know you could change colors, my mind is blown lol. It will now be the same struggle to decide what color to powder coat my bullets... haha

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastleo View Post
    Didn’t know you could change colors, my mind is blown lol. It will now be the same struggle to decide what color to powder coat my bullets... haha

Look at the row of "choices", or "buttons" at the top of the "REPLY" & you will see a CAPITAL " A". That button is where ya choose the color of your "font". Just "highlite" what ya want to make a different color by holding down the left mouse button, slide the cursor over the words ya wish to "color" & then choose the color in the little drop down "menu" ( choice of colors) that is inside of the CAPITAL "A" in the line menu, and the color of your highlited choice will be put into brackets ( Like these>> "[", & "]" .)saying {(COLOR= "whatever the color is") & at the end, a backslash "/" and the same color #(/COLOR)}
    & then return to the main "REPLY" area & left click there to continue with the regular "black" words..

G'Luck!

And Now....Back to your regular program...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Mold
    36 here and have casted several. But I find myself casting less and less as lead gets harder to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

65, barely started

Boolit Buddy
    Started at age 27 now am 65. Melted lots of lead. Still learning!

55 this year...been casting for almost 30. Fun hobby...learn something new every time I fire up the pot and pour a new batch. I find it VERY relaxing. Always a need for concentration...but still relaxing to do a repetitive task.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Started priming .38spl brass while sitting in a corner of the garage, amidst all the male member's of my family doing other reloading chores.

Wasn't allowed to start casting until I was 8yrs old. Pouring Lead balls for my Dad's ORIGINAL NAVY 36, using a dipper & a single cav mold and a pot over a Coleman stove.

Been pouring Lead ever since. 56yrs come this Thursday.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

41 now, started at 8, with a very good teacher, rip....

Boolit Master

Will turn 50 this year. Started pouring tin soldiers with my Opi (grandfather) was around eight then. Started reloading when I was 19. Didnt have much for teaching had to learn it my self by reading books and a bit of trial and terror. Been an casting addict for ten years or so.
    Be safe
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Mold
    86 and still going

Boolit Bub
    Age 73, started at age 12 with a two cavity .357446 mould. We, dad and I, ran a summer competition for the Warren County Prime Beef Festival. I'd cast, size and lube, and load .38 specials for the pair of SAAs loaned to us by Colt. Best three scores for the summer would claim the Grand Marshall title for the festival and parade. What little profit we made went into better equipment. In a few years we were supplying about ten police departments with practice ammo.
    Side note, my little brother and I shot our Navy Arms 1851 .36 one night during the contest and our two scores were hi g h for the summer.
    This was when Wyatt Earp was on TV but Hugh O'Brien wanted too much money to come be the "Marshall". Earl was born there in Monmouth where this all happened.

I'm 37 and have been at it for about 6-7 years now.

I do lots of things that most my age don't though. I'm sitting on my balcony smoking a pipe as I type this. lol
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Age 59, cast my first bullet from solder at the age of 13 using a homemade mould for a homemade BP pistol, using homemade gunpowder. Of course if my parents knew about it I woulda been shut down right away, but I had the run of the shop and a little bit of knowledge, and the rest was about what you would expect from a teenage boy with time and resources on his hands. )

Boolit Bub
    68 here. Started casting 35-40 years ago but got away from it for years. Life you know. I am currently casting mainly 41 and 44 for handgun, and .30 subsonics.

Boolit Grand Master

I started in the late 60's using a tuna can on my stove and a tablespoon tied to a slotted broomstick. The mold was a single cavity Lee 30 cal 150 fp. Still have it and it still casts good boolits.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Man
    I am in the 56-60 range. I’m just getting started in this, partly due to the kind of shooting I want to do more of and the costs associated with buying bullets for some particular calibers I load for. Casting gives me options that I wouldn’t have otherwise.

And it’s fascinating!

Boolit Mold
    30 here. A good friend introduced me to reloading/casting/and this forum a few years back.

Boolit Buddy

40 ish... been casting since I was 23. started by the seat of my pants casting for muzzleloaders and surprised I made it this far without blowing myself up in hindsight. I'm VERY thankful for this community as I've learned SO much since joining.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast